Rhinoplasty

Kerad

Anybody here have any opinions/reviews of having some nose/sinus/ear/throat surgery done? Locally?

Opinions/recommendations?

Thank you.

flomaster

J.F. A sus ordenes!
I had my deviated deptum fixed and my uvula (in my throat boys an girls :lmao: ) removed due to sleep apnea. Stock up on the liquid codeine cuz you are gonna need it. I had two pieces of plastic shoved in my nose holding everything in place for a week or two after the surgery. Thought I was gonna die when she pulled them out. I know people want cosmetic surgery for their own reasons but you better be prepped for the pain after.

Vince

flomaster said:
I had my deviated deptum fixed and my uvula (in my throat boys an girls :lmao: ) removed due to sleep apnea. Stock up on the liquid codeine cuz you are gonna need it. I had two pieces of plastic shoved in my nose holding everything in place for a week or two after the surgery. Thought I was gonna die when she pulled them out. I know people want cosmetic surgery for their own reasons but you better be prepped for the pain after.
Sounds familiar. Had the uvula done. Worst sore throat I ever had after the surgery. Had 3 nose surgeries just to be able to breath through it. Had the plastic. Best feeling in the world was after the Dr. removed those things. A whole new world of breathing opened up. Felt great. Mine was not for cosmetic reasons and if you saw me today you'd know. My nose is still as messed up on the outside as it ever was, but inside it works right. :yay:

flomaster

J.F. A sus ordenes!
Vince said:
Sounds familiar. Had the uvula done. Worst sore throat I ever had after the surgery. Had 3 nose surgeries just to be able to breath through it. Had the plastic. Best feeling in the world was after the Dr. removed those things. A whole new world of breathing opened up. Felt great. Mine was not for cosmetic reasons and if you saw me today you'd know. My nose is still as messed up on the outside as it ever was, but inside it works right. :yay:

Yeah, I agree with the whole breathhing thing. Of course with the uvula thing I had trouble drinking for awile and kept choking. Made the mistake of telling guys at work that surgery worked well but "I had trouble swallowing". You know what that got me! :lmao:

Kerad

Thanks for the input. :yay:. No, mine wouldn't be for cosmetic reasons...not at all. Would you (or wouldn't you) recommend a particular doctor?

ohstate

I had a functional endoscopic sinus surgery last year. I highly recommend Dr. Catherine Picken at Washington ENT. She is one of the best doctors I have ever had, and the surgery went very well. It was well worth traveling to DC to see her. She will spend a tremendous amount of time with you, examining you and talking to you in detail about what she recommends and why. They have a facility in the building where they can do your MRI if necessary. My surgery involved all my sinus cavities (I had polyps that had about 90% of my sinus cavities blocked), so they used the computer guided technology.

Here's a link to info on that surgery:
http://www.washingtonent.com/tnendoscop.htm

Here's a link to Dr. Picken:
http://www.washingtonent.com/phybios.htm#picken

If you go w/ Dr. Picken and she recommends surgery, you will have a choice of hospitals. I don't recommend Georgetown - that place was a disaster for my surgery (Since I live so far from the hospital, Dr. Picken wanted me to spend the night then go home in the morning. They didn't have a bed for me, so I spent hours in the recovery room on a gurney. I have heard much better thnigs about Sibley. In fact, I had surgery at Sibley (about 8 years ago), and I thought it was a great hospital.

Let me know if you have any questions. Good luck!

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
Dr Daly in Leonardtown. I had a deviated spetum repaired by her and when the procedure was all healed, she ended up helping my allergies clear up as well.