Sweat Free Socks

watercolor

yeah yeah
Anyone ever used them? What brand did you use? How are they with walking? And in long distances? I need to get some for the walk, and I was told to stay completely away from cotton socks. I wasnt sure as where to find them, and I would like some feedback on ones that have actually been used and the success rate. I dont have a problem with my feet sweating alot- but with the mileage that will be taking place- I didnt want to take the chance- and get to many blisters.

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
I've always used cotton socks when I do any type of exercise, even on my 15 mile road march with a 80 pound Ruc (this was back in militart college). But if you happen to get blisters, have some mole skin handy so you can use that on the ones that do appear.

Best of luck with finding what you are looking for.

watercolor

yeah yeah
jwwb2000 said:
But if you happen to get blisters, have some mole skin handy so you can use that on the ones that do appear.

What is this stuff? Never heard of it. But I will check into it. Thanks!

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
watercolor said:
What is this stuff? Never heard of it. But I will check into it. Thanks!

Check where the foot powder and those items are sold and you should find it. It is just a cushiony material you cut to the size of the blister and then cut the middle out so you do not tear the blister. It does help if you happen to get huge blisters.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
When my son was in marine boot camp, I sent him the Dr. Scholl's gel inserts for the Crucible. He said that they helped. It was one thing that they suggested you send and that you could actually send. Might want to try those.

mizteresa1965

jwwb2000 said:
I've always used cotton socks when I do any type of exercise, even on my 15 mile road march with a 80 pound Ruc (this was back in militart college). But if you happen to get blisters, have some mole skin handy so you can use that on the ones that do appear.

Militart College?? :ohwell: :confused:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Wool socks are the best.. depending on how far you are walking you want to change them out fairly frequently.. but most importantly get out and walk/ break-in whatever boots/ shoes you are going to be wearing that day.

Cotton is the worst thing to wear.. but if you do, bring MANY changes and change to a dry pair as often as you can.

Mole skin is a good idea.. but it's best if applied when you first notice a hotspot before it turns into a blister.. I've known some people with bad blistering problems that would put moleskin on problem areas before they even start walking.

Buy a nice pair of hiking walking boots that have been fitted.. blisters happen from friction. Your feet rubbing back and forth on the inside of your shoes (from not fitting correctly) and socks. Minimize the rubbing, and less chance of blisters.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
oh, and carry a small razor and some alcohol.. so you can cut open and excise any extra skin if you do develop a blister.

watercolor

yeah yeah
Thanks BG! And my friend and I (one of the ones walking with me) are going up to a good shoe store- someone recommended one in Annapolis (the name is failing me, since I am up at 4:30 am for some reason)to get fitted for good shoes. And we are actually thinking about starting to train (when we walk and such) with fanny packs (no laughing :lmao: ) just so that we can make sure to have certain things on us! (ie: extra socks and alcohol, etc)....because we are walking a good distance. 40 miles.

Bonehead

Spenco 2nd skin is a lot better than moleskin. It is a very slippery thin plastic than covers a blister or hot spot and takes all the friction. The key is break the shoes in well walk a ways and then check you feet for hot spots and eliminate them before a blister appears.