Flower Question

watercolor

yeah yeah
Omm...ok here is the thing

Where we live, it is a pebble rock driveway, cause we live in a basement apartment.

We want to plant some flowers and plants against the house area...also in the around area, of where the new patio is going. Now my question is...I dont know exactly how long or far or what the pebbles will do (if anything) to the flowers and them surviving...or whatever

Also, since the door to our apartment is in the back of the house that we are in, not much sunlight gets there, unless in the very early afternoon!

If someone could please tell me, or give me some advice on some good plants/flowers, and what I can to to prolong their life, and if like anuuals will work here also

Thanks

F

Flo

Are there a lot of pebbles? That may be a problem, as good, rich soil is the best for good results. For shady areas, try "Impatients and Marigolds. Maybe place some potted plants if you can of Geraniums. Autumn Sedum is also a good plant for many types of soil. In the summer the leaves are thick and full, and in the fall, the blooms change from a pink to a fallish burnt orange color. Check with your local nursery, as they could probably give you some good hints.

Let me know if you have any success:)

watercolor

yeah yeah
ok! Thanks...

and yes, there are alot of pebbles...ugh! everywhere! that is all our driveway is....*annoyed*

But I will check that out, I loooove both of those flowers...so they are a definate good!

F

Flo

For the life of me, I couldn't think of a particular flower last night!! Guess I had a "Senior Moment!" :D But, I am driving down the road today, and it hit me .... "Zennia," which is also a good flower that thrives well in good soil, and half shade/half sun.

I also planted a "Crepe Myrtle" a couple of years ago on the bank portion of my house. It was just a little thing. I may have to move it this fall, as it is really getting big. Crepe Myrtle's bloom in August with nice pink or purple blooms. They need to be trimmed every couple of years though, cause if not, they will get too bushy! My mother had a beautiful one in her yard that she planted from a bloom, and I remember my father telling her that it wouldn't amount too much! She proved him wrong, which most of the time she did with flowers and plants. She had a "Green Thumb" I believe.