Brome Howard Inn

OldHillcrestGuy

Any comments good or bad on this restaurant, have a big 35th anniversary coming up in a couple of weeks, and looking for a nice place that maybe we havent been before. TYIA :flowers:

mizteresa1965

OldHillcrestGuy said:
Any comments good or bad on this restaurant, have a big 35th anniversary coming up in a couple of weeks, and looking for a nice place that maybe we havent been before. TYIA :flowers:

It's beautiful down there and the food is fantastic!!!! I know you'll like it.

ServiceGuy

Was there one time. Service was far less than expected, food wasn’t any better. Stopped on the way home to eat at A&W in Callaway. Maybe they were having an off day but I am not going back to find out. JMO

Seamaid

I thought the food was excellent and the view beautiful. The service was a little slow, but worth the wait. If you are looking for quanity vs quality than you've gone to the wrong place.

J

jaybeeztoo

I went years ago when they first opened. I found it to be a very boring experience. The only enterainment is when I shot a shrimp across the room and hit a fellow patron. :lmao: The food was "okay" but I wasn't real keen on lamb chops.

Again, it's been a LONG time ago, so perhaps the atmosphere has changed.

ServiceGuy

Seamaid said:
I thought the food was excellent and the view beautiful. The service was a little slow, but worth the wait. If you are looking for quanity vs quality than you've gone to the wrong place.

I hear what you are saying, however with the prices they charge you should get both.

Joebagel

They have great food prepared by a great chef. There service is never "long" its just the time it takes to cook your food. I completly recomend it.

R

remaxrealtor

We are going to The Woodlands for Valentines. Everyone we've talked to has had rave reviews!!!!!

R

remaxrealtor

kwillia said:
Are your friends that run the place paying you to post this...:lol:

....no....but it's a good thought! I have hopes for them because I like to stay on this side of the bridge when good wine is involved :lmao:.

I've also had good meals at Broome Howard, but Wildewood is A LOT closer.

remaxrealtor said:
I like to stay on this side of the bridge when good wine is involved :lmao:.
Hey... that's not an issue... the Sunoco in Leonardtown carries a variety of Boone's farm for $2.86 a bottle... great value to be found on this side of the bridge! :yay:

R

remaxrealtor

kwillia said:
Hey... that's not an issue... the Sunoco in Leonardtown carries a variety of Boone's farm for $2.86 a bottle... great value to be found on this side of the bridge! :yay:
Many, many trips there for that fine vintage in high school. I'll have to pick up a bottle some day and see how bad it really is. *whatifilikeit*

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
remaxrealtor said:
Many, many trips there for that fine vintage in high school. I'll have to pick up a bottle some day and see how bad it really is. *whatifilikeit*

Surprisingly and after all these years, I tried it again this summer and it wasn't half-bad. :alkies: :lmao:

R

remaxrealtor

jazz lady said:
Surprisingly and after all these years, I tried it again this summer and it wasn't half-bad. :alkies: :lmao:

As I recall, sugary sweet but right tasty. We should host a wine tasting party for all the top notch labels.....Boone's Farm, Mad Dog, TJ Swann.....additions?

OldHillcrestGuy

Went there Sunday evening for the 35th anniversary, very nice, they werent too busy, servce was excellent. Nice cozy place with the fireplace's going, food was very very good, yes a bit pricey but nice place for that special occasion. :yay: :yay:

That little snow squall that came through on our way home and coated the roads, made it feel like 35 years ago, it snowed 7 inches on our wedding day. :flowers:

OldHillcrestGuy said:
Went there Sunday evening for the 35th anniversary, very nice, they werent too busy, servce was excellent. Nice cozy place with the fireplace's going, food was very very good, yes a bit pricey but nice place for that special occasion. :yay: :yay:

That little snow squall that came through on our way home and coated the roads, made it feel like 35 years ago, it snowed 7 inches on our wedding day. :flowers:

Snow must mean good luck for you. Happy Anniversary to you and Mrs. B.