"BODIES . . . The Exhibition"

BlackSheep

Ever wonder what another person might look like without makeup or hair? How about without skin? Folks will soon be able to gaze at-and, in some cases, handle human remains that have been transformed at the cellular level into silicone mummies at an exhibition that will open in the former Newseum building in Rosslyn in mid-April.

The specimens include entire human bodies that have been skinned, dissected, rubberized, colored and reassembled to highlight particular organs. They are then posed doing everyday activities, such as kicking a soccer ball or pedaling a bicycle. At the end, visitors can handle a kidney, a brain or a heart.

Tickets to "BODIES . . . The Exhibition" will cost $26.50 for adults, $18 for children 4 to 12, and $10 for children on field trips.

bohman

I've seen pictures of the exhibit, very unusual and interesting. Not sure how well I would enjoy seeing it up close and in person, though. I'd probably have some weird dreams for a while.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
bohman said:
I've seen pictures of the exhibit, very unusual and interesting. Not sure how well I would enjoy seeing it up close and in person, though. I'd probably have some weird dreams for a while.
Hubby and I saw it when we were in Las Vegas this summer. I thought I would be grossed out by it, but it was very educational and super neat! I highly enjoyed it and would do it again anyday.

ServiceGuy

The Newseum in Arlington, Va., closed on March 3, 2002, to prepare for the relocation. The Freedom Forum/Newseum complex are expected to be completed by 2006.

I think it would be Awesome to see!

N

nitwhit3286

From what I have heard this exhibit it awesome..it was at scope in norfolk, va not too terribly long ago!! A must see :)

bohman

Chasey_Lane said:
Hubby and I saw it when we were in Las Vegas this summer. I thought I would be grossed out by it, but it was very educational and super neat! I highly enjoyed it and would do it again anyday.

Hmmmm. I was fascinated by the pictures. Maybe I'll try to see it in person after all.

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
Chasey_Lane said:
Did they have the one of the pregnant woman? I saw that on TV once, it was pretty cool, fetus and all.

Ponytail

Bustem' Down said:
Did they have the one of the pregnant woman? I saw that on TV once, it was pretty cool, fetus and all.

They had that one when I saw the exhibition in Philly a year ago.

if you have even the slightest interest to see it, go see it. Normally, there are mutliple "Body Exhibits" being shown at thE same time world wide, so not all of what you see in thE pictures will be at the exhibit, and if you saw it last year, there's a good chance that there will be some new stuff this year.

I was fascinated by it. And I can't stand to watch the surgery shows on TV cuz I get skeeved out. But the Body exhibit was WAY cool, and was not uncomfortable with any of it.

Oh, and so that no one is shocked, you see the ENTIRE body, including twigs, berry's, chocolate starfish and taco's in all shapes, sizes, trim packages and positions.

But ALL of it is WAY educational. HIGHLY rcommended for all ages too. Yeah, it shows parts that are normally sheltered from kids, but it was neat to see how inquisitive the kids were with what they were looking at.

Effects of various cancers on the body, obesity, LOTS of smokers lungs, vein/artery/capilary systems in their entirety exactly as they are in the human body. Just WAY cool stuff.

GO SEE IT! :yay:

kalmd

Hmm, we're going to Vegas this weekend and I noticed this is there. Could be something to do while we're there.