Parakeets

Beelzebaby666

Has confinement issues..
I saw the most amazing thing... My friend has two parekeets and I told her they were gay because it always looks like they are making out..:lol:

She tells me: The previous owner stressed that they stay together because the older male has been feeding the younger one since they were placed together.

:shock:

That's unbelievable...The younger bird never goes near the food and the older one crunches it up and lets the other eat from his mouth like a baby.

I would not have guessed two male birds would bond that closely, or for that long.

What do you think of that?:coffee:

K

Kain99

Homosexuality has been proven prevelant both in the human and animal kingdoms. Pretty cool! :lmao:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
I've seen the male cardinals at my feeder feeding a female,(awesome to watch) but never a male feeding a male.

I

Inkpen

Beelzebaby666 said:
I saw the most amazing thing... My friend has two parekeets and I told her they were gay because it always looks like they are making out..:lol:

She tells me: The previous owner stressed that they stay together because the older male has been feeding the younger one since they were placed together.

:shock:

That's unbelievable...The younger bird never goes near the food and the older one crunches it up and lets the other eat from his mouth like a baby.

I would not have guessed two male birds would bond that closely, or for that long.

What do you think of that?:coffee:

How do you know they are of the same sex?
With many parekeets, the only want to determine gender is with a DNA test.
Much like penquins, geese, swans, parrots, and other birds that look alike, gender is not obvious.
Male will feed females as a courting behavior.
Females will feed offspring as a maternial behavior.

So before you lable them as "gay", determine the gender and the behavior.

Beelzebaby666

Has confinement issues..
We were told they were males. The woman she got them from is a breeder and told my friend that they were males because of specific attributes they had. Something about the beaks and whatnot.

Now I've watched them groom one another.. THey have the most peculiar relationship..

Now she and I want bigger birds... We're hooked!!

What do you think about ####atiels?? Or maybe finches.:coffee:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Beelzebaby666 said:
We were told they were males. The woman she got them from is a breeder and told my friend that they were males because of specific attributes they had. Something about the beaks and whatnot.

Now I've watched them groom one another.. THey have the most peculiar relationship..

birds are messy.

Pete

Repete
Beelzebaby666 said:

Are you going to name them Yle and Bob?

Beelzebaby666

Has confinement issues..
BS Gal said:
birds are messy.

Her house isn't, she's a SAHM who is also raising two kids who aren't her own. ON her own. The birds are less messy than her kids, my kids and the neighbors kids.

We like watching the birds because they haven't learned to talk back yet.:lol:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Beelzebaby666 said:
Her house isn't, she's a SAHM who is also raising two kids who aren't her own. ON her own. The birds are less messy than her kids, my kids and the neighbors kids.

We like watching the birds because they haven't learned to talk back yet.:lol
:

:lmao:

Cowgirl

Inkpen said:
How do you know they are of the same sex?
With many parekeets, the only want to determine gender is with a DNA test.
Much like penquins, geese, swans, parrots, and other birds that look alike, gender is not obvious.
Male will feed females as a courting behavior.
Females will feed offspring as a maternial behavior.

So before you lable them as "gay", determine the gender and the behavior.

Actually, it is pretty easy to tell the sex of most birds. Geese, for example...the males are usually larger than the females and have thicker legs. Parrots and parakeets usually have different markings...but you have to know what to look for. Male and female parakeets have different color ceres, the skin that surrounds the beak and nostrils.