Curious cat survives road trip under the hood

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
EXETER, England (AFP) - A curious British cat used up another of his nine lives when he fell asleep under the hood of a parked van, then survived a 30 kilometre (20 mile) road trip.

Greyham, who two years ago survived major surgery after a showdown with a dog, crawled inside the engine compartment of the van when it was parked overnight in Cheriton Fitzpaine village, in Devon, southwest England.

He was only found by chance 30 kilometres later when van driver Rob Allen pulled over to check some noise from a loose fan belt.

"The last thing I expected to find under the bonnet was a cat," Allen related afterwards.

His passenger Rob Greenow said Greyham "did not seem to be too bothered about where he was".

The two took Greyham, aged six, to veterinarian Catherine Tapp, who found him to be unhurt. "He certainly is a very lucky animal - cats can be curious and climb up into strange places to keep warm," she said.

Greyham's owner, Simon Avery, from Cheriton Fitzpaine, said: "He has never done anything like this before."

"He must have been holding on to the engine for dear life," he said.

Hello6

Princess of Mean
I ended up with a cat that survived a 5 mile trip under the hood. He has some serious scars, a big bald spot on his head, and a white 8 inch scar down his side. He's the best cat ever and no one wanted him because he wasn't perfect. Someone told me his sad story and of course I fell for him without having to see him. His name is Burnie in honor of his burned skull.