Metal Detector?

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Anybody have one that you'd feel comfortable lending out for an afternoon?

A friend of mine lost her wedding ring and I'd like to help her find it.

If one is not available, I'll see if one can be rented from a local business.

Thanks!

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Pete said:
I have one. The neighbor kid found his class ring with it a few weeks ago. :yay:
I'll trade you the metal detector for a truly wonderful crock pot.

:lmao:

I may take you up on it if the loan of Kwillia's falls through.

Thank you so much, though! :love:

limblips

PREMO Member
metal detector

I am an experienced MD'er. I would gladly assist you free of charge. When and where?

jrogers

BadGirl said:
Anybody have one that you'd feel comfortable lending out for an afternoon?

A friend of mine lost her wedding ring and I'd like to help her find it.

If one is not available, I'll see if one can be rented from a local business.

Thanks!

Did your friend find her ring yet ?

Gwydion

Not wanting to hijack this thread....but I figure I might as well...

Do yall actually go walking along hte beaches with your MD's? have yall found anything cool? With as historic as this area is...I am sure there are treasures buried all around SOMD.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
jrogers said:
Did your friend find her ring yet ?
Yep, she borrowed the detector and found her ring within 10 minutes of starting the hunt.

She and her husband were so happy.

Thanks, Kwillia, for the detector loan. :love:

BadGirl said:
Yep, she borrowed the detector and found her ring within 10 minutes of starting the hunt.

She and her husband were so happy.

Thanks, Kwillia, for the detector loan. :love:
No problem... and please thank her for the bottle of hooch...:alkies:

jrogers

Gwydion said:
Not wanting to hijack this thread....but I figure I might as well...

Do yall actually go walking along hte beaches with your MD's? have yall found anything cool? With as historic as this area is...I am sure there are treasures buried all around SOMD.

Yup-- every chance we get.... Find lots & lots of cool things. Lots of change too.

jrogers

Gwydion said:
Care to elaborate?

How much does one cost? I would love to get into doing that!

Well -- we started off with some older models and wasn't finding much... so my hubby checked into the White's models and we both have our own. I like mine much better than his due to all those dials and levers. I like it to just show me whats under there before I even start digging.
We drove over to the dealer in VA somewhere and his was around a grand and mine was I think around $6-$700. I honestly cannot remember. Our kids have our older models, and find more than we do sometimes. I guess it is all in where you look. LOW TIDE is the best time and after a storm.
He found a ring last weekend. Lucky sucker....all I found was 37 cents,a thumb tack and a few pull tabs, because my hands were freezing and I was ready to go home.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
julz20684 said:
Stop by :gossip: house and tell him I said you could use the one I bought him for his birthday one year and then give him a big old :smack: for me! TIA
:lmao: I know exactly who you're talking about!

It would make be feel particularily good if I knocked him upside the head a few times. :lol:

BadGirl said:

It would make be feel particularily good if I knocked him upside the head a few times. :lol:
You guys keep posting as if Pete isn't going to be reading this.

Gwydion

jrogers said:
Well -- we started off with some older models and wasn't finding much... so my hubby checked into the White's models and we both have our own. I like mine much better than his due to all those dials and levers. I like it to just show me whats under there before I even start digging.
We drove over to the dealer in VA somewhere and his was around a grand and mine was I think around $6-$700. I honestly cannot remember. Our kids have our older models, and find more than we do sometimes. I guess it is all in where you look. LOW TIDE is the best time and after a storm.
He found a ring last weekend. Lucky sucker....all I found was 37 cents,a thumb tack and a few pull tabs, because my hands were freezing and I was ready to go home.

I am to assume that $6 is $600 right? Damn.....I was expecting like $75 max.
Maybe Goodwill has one...

J

julz20684

BadGirl said:

Oh I have stuff to tell you. We have to do lunch.

And thank you! :huggy: