Ubs

MMDad

Lem Putt
CPFCU has a United Buying Service for cars. Has anyone tried it? Do they have good prices? Is a PITA?

Gummie

Many credit unions use UBS, they usually have a book with a set price for the auto and the packages that you want. You will referred to a certain dealer in the Metro area and then to a specific salesperson at that dealer.

The price is usually pretty good, I have never used it, but have used their figures as a bargaining tool. I know several people who have used it and were very pleased with their purchase.

As in any large purchase, do your homework!

S

Smith

We went through Cedar Points car buying service and ended up buying something from Sheehy Ford up the road. Bad, Bad experience. Sheehy put all kinds of extra charges on the invoice. I tried to get Cedar Point's rep. to help out, (they didn't) threw a fit with the dealer and got the bogus charges taken off. I don't think we got a better deal and probably could have gotten a better deal somewhere else not using USBS. Maybe it would work better with different dealerships, but it will keep me away from Sheehy Ford for good.