Search results for query: emerald ash borer

1. The following words were not included in your search because they are too short, too long, or too common: ash
  1. newsBot

DNR Fall Foliage Report – November 17, 2022

...nine months before burning. For those who cut their own wood, remember that we have a serious invasive pest in our woods: the emerald ash borer. Though treatment efforts are underway, this devastating beetle has no predators and is ravaging our ash trees. And it’s not the only bad bug out...
  2. newsBot

DNR Maryland Park Service Superintendent Recognized for Distinguished Service

...protection of tens of thousands of hemlock and ash trees from deadly invasive forest pests, such as the hemlock woolly adelgid and emerald ash borer. “Nita has been deservedly honored among her national peers — her success can be measured in many ways, perhaps none more telling than the 21...
  3. newsBot

DNR Maryland Fall Foliage Report: October 8, 2020

...how beautiful ash trees are when they change, which is a sad realization considering their rapid decline due to the invading emerald ash borer.” Orange Grove Area, Patapsco Valley State Park, photo by Felicia Graves Ranger Felicia M. Graves, Patapsco Valley State Park, says: “The leaves...
  4. Editor

Emerald ash borer (EAB) beetle spreads to Eastern Shore

...(July 30, 2015) – Because the Maryland Department of Agriculture (MDA) confirmed the presence of the invasive, highly destructive emerald ash borer (EAB) beetle on the Eastern Shore last month, MDA will rescind the statewide quarantine that prohibited the movement of hardwood from the...
  5. bulldog

Mulch

That article is sooooooooo 2011.
  6. Goldenhawk

Mulch

...landfill mulch is simply ground up from whatever comes in for the yard waste recycling pile - including old deadwood full of bugs (emerald ash borer and possible termites), grass and weed clippings full of seeds, pesticides and other noxious chemicals, etc... I was warned to stay FAR away...
  7. getbent

Need firewood

Not outdoor. Inside, connected to our duct work.
  8. kom526

Need firewood

An outdoor wood furnace? Shouldn't matter if it's seasoned or not, won't be the best burn but it will be a burn nonetheless. Emerald ash borer.
  9. K

Need firewood

Emerald Ash Borer
  10. C

Firewood regulations

Too late
  11. Merlin99

Firewood regulations

In Michigan firewood isn't allowed to be sold over 50 miles from where it's harvested to prevent emerald ash borer spread.
  12. David

Don't Get Ripped Off Buying Firewood

...firewood in the area where they will burn it to help protect our forests and neighborhood trees from damaging insects – like the emerald ash borer.” A cord of wood is 128 cubic feet, typically stacked four feet wide, by eight feet long, by four feet high, with no internal gaps. (Cubic feet...
  13. L

First, the Eerald Ash Borer, now ............

First, the Emerald Ash Borer, now ............ Yes, the Alfalfa Snout Beetle. Toppick please help us! Researchers gaining ground in battle with alfalfa snout beetle By NANCY MADSEN TIMES STAFF WRITER SUNDAY, MARCH 8, 2009 Watertown, NY Times
  14. P

Purple kite looking things hanging in trees...

They are traps for the EMERALD ASH BORER.... Emerald Ash Borer
  15. S

Purple kite looking things hanging in trees...

They're for the Emerald Ash Borer. Emerald Ash Borer in Maryland
  16. bcp

Two unrelated questions...

I wonder if this could end up attracting the ash borer to areas that it is not currently a problem in. I would be concerned if it were my property that they decided to hang it in. but then, I dont have any ash trees so I guess Im safe.
  17. belvak

This 'splains it all! Purple Traps for Emerald Ash Borer Survey Being Hung in Trees Along Western Maryland Roads
  18. bcp

hmmm purple triangle. is the emerald ash borer gay by nature? oh wait, that would be pink. hmmm, another thought...
  19. belvak

Thanks! We figured it was something along those lines, but hadn't heard anything.