Search results for query: rockfish poaching

1. PrchJrkr

DNR Natural Resources Police Report — August 2021

I see your point. I even hate to use cut bait. That bait could've grown into food fish, but realistically, 10 undersized rockfish aren't going to make that big of a difference. We see these hispanic sounding names associated with poaching far too often these days. It's time to start busting...
  2. black dog

Raping the bay, 213 illegal rockfish taken

The Lumpkins Family, what a great bunch of law abiding waterman. Let's just start with the great rockfish caper. It was what approximately 600,000 lbs of illegal rockfish at what 2.60+ a pound on the whole then. That's only a few million in rockfish, not to talk about the Croaker's, White Perch...
  3. Bird Dog

New rules because of poachers

Rockfish poaching leads to crackdown on watermen • Top Stories (www.HometownAnnapolis.com - The Capital) I think they should just ban gill netting altogether.
  4. Monello

Natural Resources Police seize 3 tons of Rockfish

For some poaching is a way of life. They feel they are entitled to a resource that is for everyone's enjoyment. NRP officials seized three tons of illegally caught rockfish off the coast of the Eastern Shore Tuesday - baltimoresun.com This stuff happens all too often. In the dozen plus...
  5. desertrat

Check outdoor recreation.
  6. bobbyb

Washington Post - Politics, National, World & D.C. Area News and Headlines - washingtonpost.com 6,000 pounds of illegally caught rockfish found in Chesapeake Bay By Darryl Fears Washington Post Staff Writer Tuesday, February 1, 2011; 7:01 PM Maryland Department of Natural Resources...
  7. onel0126

Convicted poacher or shark netter?

Question for you locals-- Same guy, right? 5 St. Mary's County Watermen Plead Guilty to Rockfish Poaching - Southern Maryland News, Charles County, Calvert County and St. Mary's County News
  8. Monello

Two Charged in Calvert with Illegal Rockfish

But their friends will testify how they are outstanding citizens and are helping the community by poaching. Like the same things we heard when this went on. Washington Times - Fishermen serve time for black-market rockfish trade