‘Bet You Stay Home Now Hypokrits’

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
“I Bet you stay home now you hypokrits,” read one message spray painted on the church parking lot, Thomas More Society senior counsel and lawyer for the church Stephen Crampton told Fox News on Thursday.

“First Pentacostal Church Holly Springs. Arson is Suspected,” reported Tom Dees of FOX 13 Memphis. “Investigators say the church was spray painted with graffiti and set on fire. There was a major explosion in the back of the church that blew out the front.”

Jerry Waldrop, who has pastored at the church for 31 years, filed a lawsuit in April pushing back against local leaders’ orders, which conflict with Republican Governor Tate Reeves’ order, expressly designating churches as “essential” operations.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/bet-...ckdown-gets-burned-down-investigated-as-arson

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Holly Springs is “continuing to prosecute Pastor Waldrup for violating the initial stay-at-home order on Easter Sunday,” Stephen Crampton, a Thomas More Society lawyer who is representing the church, told PJ Media. “The city is still unrepentant, showing no admission of wrongdoing, no sign of remorse. It looks to me that there are hostile sentiments among the leadership in the city.”

In court, Waldrop testified that on his way to the church on Sunday mornings, he would drive by at least two churches that were meeting in person while the city cracked down on his church. According to Crampton, lawyers for the city “never contradicted that testimony.”

“My suspicion is they would say, ‘We come to a church when we receive a complaint and we received a complaint about First Pentecostal and received no complaints about the other churches.’ That excuse is pretty lame if the other churches are en route to First Pentecostal,” Crampton argued. “The police probably had to drive by those churches as well.”

Sadly, when the court ordered the city to stop applying unconstitutional restrictions on the church, the order did not work retroactively. Yet the city is in the absurd position of actively prosecuting a pastor for violating an order that has been deemed illegal, a pastor whose church burned down due to arson.

https://pjmedia.com/culture/tyler-o...tion-for-violating-covid-restrictions-n514841