‘Dear Emperor Gavin Newsom’: Comedian Rob Schneider Blasts California Governor Over Thanksgiving Rules

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The Democratic governor last week announced new restrictions about state residents regarding Thanksgiving gatherings. Amid the COVID-19 pandemic, Newsom said no more than three households’ members can gather to celebrate the holiday, and even then, they must do it outdoors, wearing masks and socially distancing.

In an odd addition to the rules, family members can gather only for two hours (COVID-19 gets stronger then, apparently) and singing is “strongly discouraged” (dang, all those great Thanksgiving carols).

Schneider flipped his lid.

“Dear Emperor @GavinNewsom,” the former “Saturday Night Live” actor wrote Saturday on Twitter. “During our allotted 3 family limit this Thanksgiving, if my Aunt comes over, can I throw her a slice of turkey from the window? We promise NOT to sing… we will all just whisper, ‘PLEASE RECALL DIPS*** GAVIN NEWSON!’”

Hijinx

I believe many Kalifornians will follow this rule------after all it is Kalifornia.

Others will tell old Gav to go f himself.

Reactions: BOP

Hijinx

I suppose that I am a lucky men.
My family lives close , and they come here most every Sunday to meet and eat.
We stopped for a while in the heat of the Covid, but we have gone back to it.
None have caught the virus.

IMO if a family member feels bad and thinks they have any symptoms they should remain at home
Otherwise enjoy your family and have them around.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
IMO if a family member feels bad and thinks they have any symptoms they should remain at home
Otherwise enjoy your family and have them around.
Went on a family camping trip. 3 families from 3 different locations. The theme: "We don't need no stinkin' masks." First time I had seen any of them in a year. We hugged and shared everything. Very few masks to be seen anywhere in the campground, and only in the communal bathrooms. I was more concerned about catching a cold from the rain.