‘Delta’ hysteria

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Neurotic politicians like Mark Levine, chairman of the City Council’s Health Committee, whip people into a tizzy and demand a return to masking. Levine — who in February 2020 urged Gothamites to join the huge crowds in Chinatown celebrating the Lunar New Year in a “powerful show of defiance of the #coronavirus scare” — has also talked down the idea of school openings and repeatedly pressed for keeping restaurants and other small businesses closed.

Levine hasn’t missed a single paycheck during the 16 months we’ve spent in various stages of lockdown.

The hysteria has consequences. Laptop-class workers don’t suffer, of course, as big tech firms delay reopening their offices. But all the small businesses that support the big businesses in Silicon Alley suffer.

It’s the restaurants that rely on business lunches, the shoe shiners, drycleaners and parking-lot attendants who pay the price of laptop-class hysteria on both coasts.

The pajama-wearers, as I’ve written in these pages, can always type away from their couches. They collect their checks, feeling superior for having fought the pandemic just by staying home. They love to conspicuously obey the latest public-health directives, however irrational, and they can afford to do so.

glhs837

Power with Control
You're watching the local news last night. Oh. My. God.To hear them tell it might as well just all kill ourselves because well there's no hope

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
**** those people and their genned up hysteria. They get away with it in urban nightmares where people are penned up like ignorant animals, but the other 95% of the country is done with their bullshit.

In PCB life is normal. Few people wearing masks, everything is open. When I read or see the news where some cities are still locked down and masked up, freaking out about the rona, it takes me a second to remember that that's happening in the United States and not some European fiefdom or Asian autocracy.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
**** those people and their genned up hysteria. They get away with it in urban nightmares where people are penned up like ignorant animals, but the other 95% of the country is done with their bullshit.

In PCB life is normal. Few people wearing masks, everything is open. When I read or see the news where some cities are still locked down and masked up, freaking out about the rona, it takes me a second to remember that that's happening in the United States and not some European fiefdom or Asian autocracy.
I was in Calvert and Charles Counties last weekend. Calvert seems just as relaxed at St. Mary's. Charles on the other hand, it seemed like everywhere we went, most people were still masked up. Except at Blue Crabs Stadium. I don't recall seeing one person there masked.

glhs837

Power with Control
Frederick seemed pretty normal when I was up there Sunday. I'll be in Annapolis tomorrow. Was in Langhorne, PA a few weeks back, relaxed seemd to be the name of the game.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Masks on their chins doesn't count.
Or hanging from one ear.