‘You told me to': Video shows Charlotte police officer kill man following orders to drop gun

Hijinx

When police say put the gun down, they don't mean whenever you feel like it, they mean immediately.
He waited too long to make his mind up.

I noticed the male officer kept himself partially protected by the car and the female placed herself in the open.
Not a good move IMO, but what do I know.

Last edited:

gemma_rae

Lesson for the youths: When you be out in publics waving yo piece around and da Po-Po come with they guns gonna shoot you, just ignore them MFer's, they will go away and let you be cause they know you bad!

stgislander

PREMO Member
If they tell you to put the gun down... DON'T REACH FOR IT unless you want to die. Lie face down on the ground with arms out and let them go digging for it.

glhs837

Power with Control
Yeah, the write-up makes no effort to convey that he was obscured and the way he pulled the weapon out of his pocket made it almost impossible to see where it was pointed. I dont think he intended to menace them with it, but given he had already threatened two other people, and appeared to be sort of mentally disconnected, it's really easy to understand why she fired. I would call that a good shoot.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Yeah, the write-up makes no effort to convey that he was obscured and the way he pulled the weapon out of his pocket made it almost impossible to see where it was pointed. I dont think he intended to menace them with it, but given he had already threatened two other people, and appeared to be sort of mentally disconnected, it's really easy to understand why she fired. I would call that a good shoot.
I'm sure it will be determined to be a good shoot, but I have issues because of the exact same observations you make.