“I’m so happy they lost,”

Hijinx

As a team I suppose it is necessary to show support for what the team is about, but isn't it a shame that not one of them has the courage to face the flag and stand for our country? Not one patriot in the whole bunch.

They kneel for a false idea, and a terrorist organization (BLM) and will not stand for their country.

F the whole stinking bunch, I hope they lose every game.

Grumpy

Like others, I gave up on the Olympics years ago..think the last one that I remember watching was winter/76.

SamSpade

What did they think was going to happen? What does anyone think AMERICANS are going to do, when you disgrace their nation? STAND with you?

You know that looney church, Westboro Baptist? The one that protests at funerals for veterans? They are SOMEHOW under the impression that if they do something like that, it will draw attention to their moral outrage against homosexuals. Riiiight. Attack grieving families in their time of anguish, and you will drum up support for an issue having nothing to do with the veterans.

I don't think these protesters know how offensive this is to many Americans. This is like pissing on a flag. To get people to listen to you. Why not goose-step outside a synagogue?

Why don't you just strangle puppies or beat children? Don't they understand, this doesn't make people want to join them - it makes people HATE them.

This is the SAME AS WESTBORO.

SamSpade

And then they let the professionals play.

I hate to admit it, but that really DID kick it down. In reality, far too many nations weren't following the rules already, but at that point, you weren't really watching sports. It became more like merchandising.

What bothered me more - was when American professionals went to play on teams from other nations.

stgislander

PREMO Member
What did they think was going to happen? What does anyone think AMERICANS are going to do, when you disgrace their nation? STAND with you?

You know that looney church, Westboro Baptist? The one that protests at funerals for veterans? They are SOMEHOW under the impression that if they do something like that, it will draw attention to their moral outrage against homosexuals. Riiiight. Attack grieving families in their time of anguish, and you will drum up support for an issue having nothing to do with the veterans.

I don't think these protesters know how offensive this is to many Americans. This is like pissing on a flag. To get people to listen to you. Why not goose-step outside a synagogue?

Why don't you just strangle puppies or beat children? Don't they understand, this doesn't make people want to join them - it makes people HATE them.

This is the SAME AS WESTBORO.
Unfortunately they believe their cause is just, and the ends justify THEIR means.

SamSpade

Unfortunately they believe their cause is just, and the ends justify THEIR means.

You don't even have to BELIEVE to know if you piss off your target audience, you won't win them over.

Ask the Dixie Chicks, when their fan base consisted of loyal country fans, what happens when you disgrace the President - in a FOREIGN COUNTRY, no less.

Hollywood has lost so much over the years - within this country - because they're too busy preaching to themselves, and pissing off Americans. The Oscars had their historic low this past year - from a previous historic low. Ditto the other major awards. Nobody cares about their damned politics.

They might as well be preaching religion or multi-level marketing scams. No one wants to hear it.

stgislander

PREMO Member
You don't even have to BELIEVE to know if you piss off your target audience, you won't win them over.

Ask the Dixie Chicks, when their fan base consisted of loyal country fans, what happens when you disgrace the President - in a FOREIGN COUNTRY, no less.

Hollywood has lost so much over the years - within this country - because they're too busy preaching to themselves, and pissing off Americans. The Oscars had their historic low this past year - from a previous historic low. Ditto the other major awards. Nobody cares about their damned politics.

They might as well be preaching religion or multi-level marketing scams. No one wants to hear it.
I'm not sure "The Chicks" still get it.

SamSpade

I'm not sure "The Chicks" still get it.

Well, they don't. Making a song later called "Not Ready to Make Nice" kinda sealed the deal.
They were - briefly - the most popular girl group in the country and possibly the world. They had ZERO competition on the world stage.

And then they spit on Texans. And I don't know, figured their more liberal fan base would make up the deficit. And not surprisingly - they didn't.
Because liberals are all about talk. Oh they'll buy a book or two, make TV appearances, denounce people they already HATE. But they're not driving across the country to be at their concerts. They'll throw a bone and have them appear on their talk show. But they won't promote them.

Because they're virtue signalers. They want to be seen as righteous, but they don't care beyond that.

Hijinx

I hate to admit it, but that really DID kick it down. In reality, far too many nations weren't following the rules already, but at that point, you weren't really watching sports. It became more like merchandising.

What bothered me more - was when American professionals went to play on teams from other nations.

And this after they fuked over Jim Thorpe.