“I didn’t need to do this,"

transporter

emergency: a serious, unexpected, and often dangerous situation requiring immediate action.

Trump declares national emergency to get $8 billion for wall

In a comment that will surely be used to challenge the legal underpinnings of his emergency declaration, Trump hinted at the political realities behind his action. “I could do the wall over a longer period of time,” he said. “I didn’t need to do this, but I’d rather do it much faster.”

What a bufffon!

TCROW

emergency: a serious, unexpected, and often dangerous situation requiring immediate action.

Trump declares national emergency to get $8 billion for wall

What a bufffon!

Did you ever stop to think that when he says "I didn't have to do this" he's not referring to the fact that this doesn't rise to the level of a national emergency, but rather he's pointing out that this didn't have to be the outcome?

I'm sure I could have stopped my question after the word "think".

22AcaciaAve

Actually, no matter what you think of Trump or the wall, it is a pretty shrewd political move. The order will no doubt be challenged in the courts by democrats. And whether it is struck down or not, it will likely go all the way to the Scotus. It won't move fast enough to make this year's term. But it might make it there by next year, which oh by the way, is an election year. Trump is gambling that he can win in the Scotus. If he does, he has the perfect campaign pitch to maximize turnout from his base. He will need another term to get it built. Can he win just with the base. Probably not. But if democrats run somebody far left progressive they will send the independent vote in the swing states he needs right back to him. In which case he will probably win again defying all odds. They should have just given him the money for the wall and then campaigned on how much it didn't work. Unless of course it did work, in which case they would look pretty foolish. Maybe that's what they are afraid of?

Reactions: BOP