“It’s not your merchandise, it’s the store’s,”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The activist, who goes by Charity Sade on Twitter, approached the store manager after the incident.

“May I ask why you called the police on those two men?” she asked.

“CVS policy states that if there are shoplifters that exit the store with merchandise, we should get the police involved,” the manager replied.

Sade responded with some bizarre nonsense. First, she pointed out, “It’s not your merchandise, it’s the store’s,” as if that distinction made it more acceptable to steal.

Her main argument concerned the idea that by calling the police, the manager had put the shoplifters’ lives in danger.

“You decided to call the police on two black people that stole — that allegedly took something from the store — because you’re willing to uphold the policy and they could have lost their lives,” Sade charged.

“We can agree to disagree on this, because I don’t work for you, and I need to follow my company’s policies,” the CVS store manager politely replied.

“So you’re willing to risk someone’s life for what, $30,000 a year?!” the activist charged.

“There was no risk in my opinion. Thank you, you have a great night,” the manager replied.

“What is your name?” Sade asked in an accusatory tone. “My name is, ‘store manager,'” the manager responded.

don't want to risk getting shot, don't steal

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I wonder how long until CVS caves and changes it's Shoplifting Policy for Stores in Black Neighborhoods / for shoplifters of Color

Reactions: BOP

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm over these nonsensical people. They are either profoundly mentally ill or they indeed know that they're ridiculous.

When she said, “May I ask why you called the police on those two men?” he should have responded with, "No, you may not. Now GTFOH."

pontificator

Those photos aren't from the CVS in Georgetown; it's around the corner and several blocks up Wisconsin between O & P Sts. This is at the now-closed Dean & Deluca on M St., and the other one is of the Whitehurst Freeway. These photos likely aren't from today.

Hijinx

How long would the Shop Manager have a job if he allowed shoplifters to clean out his store.
If anyone's life was at stake it was because they are thieves .

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Anyway, this is why I don't talk to strangers. She comes at him in this friendly voice, like she's all buddy buddy, he gives a perfectly reasonable answer (because duh), and she attacks him in this nicey nicey voice trying to lull him into compliance by pretending she's sane.

No, bitch. Get your ass out, it's none of your business, and stop recording me with your damn phone.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
“You decided to call the police on two black people that stole — that allegedly took something from the store — because you’re willing to uphold the policy and they could have lost their lives,” Sade charged.

How did we end up with so many of these feral animals living amongst us??

Reactions: BOP

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
How did we end up with so many of these feral animals living amongst us??

in the last 100 days Black Lives Matter Marxists have normalized theft - tbh it started a couple of yrs ago when it was announced shoplifting under 900 bucks would not be prosecuted