“too many white men”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
“It’s the same white man problem. There are too many white men doing the same job,” Handler claimed. “I can’t explain why there aren’t more women hosting shows — maybe it’s a lack of interest, but I doubt it. I think that people think it’s a man’s job.”

“I thought I made a real dent by doing my show and proving to people that you can be a woman and host a late night show, but it seems like people need to be reminded one more time,” she added. “And I might be that person to remind them.”

“Chelsea Lately” was on the E! network from 2007-2014. She then did “Chelsea” on Netflix for two seasons from 2016-2017. At the time, Handler said she was walking away from the show to become a more “knowledgeable and engaged citizen” on political issues.

Toxick

Splat
“It’s the same white man problem. There are too many white men doing the same job,” Handler claimed. “I can’t explain why there aren’t more women hosting shows — maybe it’s a lack of interest, but I doubt it. I think that people think it’s a man’s job.”

“I thought I made a real dent by doing my show and proving to people that you can be a woman and host a late night show, but it seems like people need to be reminded one more time,” she added. “And I might be that person to remind them.”

“Chelsea Lately” was on the E! network from 2007-2014. She then did “Chelsea” on Netflix for two seasons from 2016-2017. At the time, Handler said she was walking away from the show to become a more “knowledgeable and engaged citizen” on political issues.

She's got a point.

Stephen Colbert, Jimmy Kimmel, Jimmy Fallon, Trevor Noah (yeah, Trevor Noah), Seth Meyers, James Corden.

Fire every single one of those annoying **** faced dill holes.. They're ****ing worthless.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
The day talk shows has always been the women's arena. Plus instead of just 1 person, they have a gaggle of gals yakking it up on a few of the shows. Kelly Clarkson, Oprah, Ricki Lake, Wendy Williams, The ET actress, and a bunch of others host or hosted shows. I bet if you counted them all in the last 2 decades, it comes out fairly even.

SamSpade

The day talk shows has always been the women's arena. Plus instead of just 1 person, they have a gaggle of gals yakking it up on a few of the shows. Kelly Clarkson, Oprah, Ricki Lake, Wendy Williams, The ET actress, and a bunch of others host or hosted shows. I bet if you counted them all in the last 2 decades, it comes out fairly even.
Who's on during the daytime that is male? Dr. Phil maybe. That's about it, right?

herb749

She's got a point.

Stephen Colbert, Jimmy Kimmel, Jimmy Fallon, Trevor Noah (yeah, Trevor Noah), Seth Meyers, James Corden.

Fire every single one of those annoying **** faced dill holes.. They're ****ing worthless.

Corden is giving up his spot soon.

herb749

Ellen is also quitting. Who takes over that 4pm slot is the next star.

SamSpade

Dr Oz was before running for office.
Yeah, I wasn't sure how long he'd been on or if he just left. But I'm going back in my head a few decades, and trying to come up with any male during the daytime. Phil Donahue? Mike Douglas? David Frost?

For every male, I can think of at least one if not more women. Women ruled the daytime shows, and for good reason - they were the audience then.

UglyBear

Yeah, I wasn't sure how long he'd been on or if he just left. But I'm going back in my head a few decades, and trying to come up with any male during the daytime. Phil Donahue? Mike Douglas? David Frost?

Jerry! Jerry! Jerry! Also Maurice or something - the black bold Jerry.
Now that was some quality television. (I was an impressionable teen in his heyday).

Hijinx

Male or Female I don't watch talk shows.
Matter of fact i seldom watch TV. The Amish have the right idea about TV.

Reactions: BOP

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
For every male, I can think of at least one if not more women. Women ruled the daytime shows, and for good reason - they were the audience then.

They still are because somebody is watching The View and I can almost guarantee you it's not men.

black dog

Free America

Springer, Wilcos and Povich.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
My tv is on all day, but it's tuned to PBS Kids, the Mystery Science 3000 channel, the This Old House channel or like now, morning cartoons on MeTV. I cannot stand any of the talk shows. Not one.