”Asian fetish” and I Broke Up With Her Because She’s White Racism In Dating

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I’m An Asian Woman Engaged To A White Man And, Honestly, I’m Struggling With That

“Oh, God, another Asian girl/white boy couple,” I groan, dropping my fiancé’s hand.

He hates it when I do this. So do I, really. I know it’s unkind and self-loathing, but every time I see another couple of our racial makeup, a little part of me sinks. We live in San Francisco, so this dip is as common as the hills. In these moments, I wish we were anything else ― that he were my gay best friend or we were startup co-founders, that he were Asian and I were white, that we were exquisitely ambiguous races, or that I could sink like my feelings into the sidewalk, be a little worm, and date whomever I want without considering social perception.

Shame is neither the wisest nor most mature part of oneself, but it still has a voice. “Stop it you guys!” my shame wants to say to these other couples. “Can’t you see the more of us there are, the worse it looks?”

“It” meaning the prevalent trend of Asian women seeming to end up with white men. “It” meaning the perpetuation of Asian fetish.
The first time I heard the term ”Asian fetish,” I was the only Chinese kid in a tiny school. Other students in my class had been pairing up to date since fifth grade, exchanging love notes and making each other Alanis Morissette mixtapes. I waited for my ”Jagged Little Pill” cassette, but nothing came in fifth grade. Or sixth. Or seventh. Or eighth.

I Broke Up With Her Because She’s White

O.K., let me just get to it. I think I broke up with my last girlfriend because she’s white. Actually, no, I definitely broke up with her because she’s white.

[clip]

But the real reason I think I can no longer date white women isn’t any of that. It’s because in today’s hashtag-woke society, there is mad pressure to be hashtag-woke. To be aware of the implications of whom you’re attracted to and why. Which means that in the eyes of others, the color of the women I date is a big deal. Like I’m the problem. Like I’m betraying my people if I date white women.

But I was taught that we were all one people!

I see people watching me with a stink eye, noses turned up, as if they think black and brown people would somehow be better off if I dumped my white girlfriend. It’s a lot of pressure. Along with each watchful eye, the whispers of, “Pick a side, Chris, pick a side,” fill my already noisy mind.

I started reading James Baldwin, Ta-Nehisi Coates and other black and brown authors looking for guidance, a road map, help on what it means to be a brown man in the world. Like: Yes, our bodies have been colonized. Yes, I am a child of blackness. Yes, the black body has done more for society than it has gotten in return. Yes, society seems to want to embrace a lot of things associated with blackness without actually being black.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Can you imagine the OUTRAGE if a White Person wrote such an article

:cds:

Transactivists keen and whine because straight males won't date them
Lesbians get yelled at for not wanting to 'date' trans women who are basically still males

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Shouldn't hashtag-woke mean that you don't take race into consideration? That's what it used to mean. Now apparently it means segregation and no mingling of the races, which sounds more like racism to me.

I swear this is a conspiracy plot to get us all to hate each other so the Chinese/Muslims/Russians can divide and conquer. It's become so crazy that's the only plausible explanation.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Shouldn't hashtag-woke mean that you don't take race into consideration?

I did to .... but then look at who they support -

Women's Movement Sansour and that other chick raging Anti Semites, Islam that subjugates and oppresses women and gays

Remember Research has shown White Progresses or politically left identifying people self hate as a group

As a racial group prefer ANY other race over their own white brethren

Blacks, Asians, Hispanics Right Leaning White Folks all favor their own ethnic group - this is in America btw

AnthonyJames

R.I.P. My Brother Rick
I want to see these people saying these things with out reading it off of a cue card. Why? Because I don't think they can say it with a straight face, no pun intended. I can't even read this tripe without laughing knowing how absurd it is.:lol: