$10,000 phone call...

Was the NFL justified in levying a $10,000 fine?

• Yes. Rules are rules.

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • No. An exception should have been made for the circumstances (wives need to know about injuries).

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Yes. He could have called from the locker room.

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Who cares?

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • He's rich anyway so what's the big deal.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
Steelers player Troy Polamalu was fined $10,000 for borrowing a phone and making a call to his wife to let her know that he was okay after they checked him out for a possible concussion in the game against the Jaguars. According to the NFL, he violated rules regarding cell phone usage.

Good decision or bad one on behalf of the NFL?

donbarzini

He could have had the trainer call himself and explain the no cell phone rule to the wife. Orrrrrrrrrr........he could have gone to the locker room for 2 minutes and made the call out of the public eye.

Gummie

I imagine that a rule like this is to prevent word of a critical injury, etc. getting to you local neighborhood bookie.

JoeR

Sadly enough, it's true...

Polamalu fined $10,000 for calling wife on sideline during game - Shutdown Corner - NFL#Blog - Yahoo! Sports

(You commented before I had a chance to get the poll up, :lol:)

I agree with the fine, and I'm a Steeler fan. Can't make exceptions. He could have very easily gone to the locker room and made the call. Or better yet have the trainer whose phone it was make the call and tell her while he was standing there. As with most rules where do you draw the line? What do you allow and not allow? Remember this rule came along when you had players tweeting and such during the game.

Last edited:

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
I said no just because I don't believe in one size fits all rules. I believe every situation is different and should be looked at individually. This applies to this situation, school infractions or legal issues.

E

EmptyTimCup

really stupid rule IMHO .......

Really ?

Really?

Who CARES .......... the NFL hasn't got better things to manage

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I said no just because I don't believe in one size fits all rules. I believe every situation is different and should be looked at individually. This applies to this situation, school infractions or legal issues.

Agree.