10 things to know about the Trump/post office conspiracy theories

limblips

PREMO Member
Every morning I start my day off with reading BS statements from the handwringers and laugh. It gets my day started right knowing that they all start their days fretting over doom, gloom, lies and half-truths that their handlers tell them to. I posted an article on FB regarding over 12K mailboxes that had been removed and the doomers all joined in to comment about how Trump was trying to steal the election by suppressing mail in ballots. Of 14 replies to my post not a single person mentioned the dateline of 2016 on the article. These are your informed conscientious voters.

luvmygdaughters

Old news really. The USPS has been struggling since Obama was in office. I can only speak for myself, but, there have been several instances where I have received mail addressed to a pediatrician, in my post office box. Now, I can only think some of this mail has been patient information, checks, test results, etc. Every time, I have taken the mail to post office and given it back to them, explaining that it was put in my box my mistake. Every time!! Well, checked my mail on Saturday and guess what...7 pieces of mail...addressed to the doc again. And they wonder why they're losing money and want me to trust them to deliver my vote!!! :nono:

Chris0nllyn

Old news really. The USPS has been struggling since Obama was in office. I can only speak for myself, but, there have been several instances where I have received mail addressed to a pediatrician, in my post office box. Now, I can only think some of this mail has been patient information, checks, test results, etc. Every time, I have taken the mail to post office and given it back to them, explaining that it was put in my box my mistake. Every time!! Well, checked my mail on Saturday and guess what...7 pieces of mail...addressed to the doc again. And they wonder why they're losing money and want me to trust them to deliver my vote!!! :nono:

83% of the money the USPS lost in 2019 was for retiree pension fund and retiree health benefits fund.

The USPS will continue to struggle as long as Congress mandates that post-retirement healthcare costs get funded 75 years in advance. No other public or private agency has that requirement.

Unfortunately, the Trump administration advocates only for kicking the can down the road and offers nothing that will fundamentally fix the service (just as all other administrations since the law passed in 2006).

https://www.congress.gov/bill/109th-congress/house-bill/6407

stgislander

PREMO Member
I'm guessing it's not addressed to your box# and they are just stuffing it in the wrong box?

luvmygdaughters

I'm guessing it's not addressed to your box# and they are just stuffing it in the wrong box?
Exactly! Its addressed to the doc, but put in my box. Now granted, the po box number is very close to mine, but still, it happens all the damn time. Same thing happens at work. Our box will have mail for other offices in the building in our box and vice versa.

awpitt

Main Streeter
83% of the money the USPS lost in 2019 was for retiree pension fund and retiree health benefits fund.

The USPS will continue to struggle as long as Congress mandates that post-retirement healthcare costs get funded 75 years in advance. No other public or private agency has that requirement.

Unfortunately, the Trump administration advocates only for kicking the can down the road and offers nothing that will fundamentally fix the service (just as all other administrations since the law passed in 2006).

Very true.

If the Post Office were allow to follow the same rules as other public and private entities, they wouldn't be having these money problems.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I can't even remember the last time I dropped mail in one of those boxes.

Me either - probably never. Street boxes rarely get used so the mail doesn't get picked up from them regularly. The post box in front of the post office does, but not random ones dotted around a town.

Besides, almost everyone in America has at-home mail service. And how much snail mail do you send and receive anyway?

The post office is going the way of the landline telephone. It's just not how we communicate anymore. I'm not sure why anyone is having a shitfit over that except that the TV people tell them to.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
The post office is going the way of the landline telephone. It's just not how we communicate anymore. I'm not sure why anyone is having a shitfit over that except that the TV people tell them to.
Very true. I have a book of stamps I have had for years and still have 3 or 4 left. Goes hand-in-hand with banking. Change or die. All bills are paid online. I don't even have any checks TO write except for one I keep in case of emergency. Can't remember the last time I used teller services. Checks can now be deposited by scanning them on your phone. Cash can be withdrawn or deposited at the ATM.

Change is hard for a lot of people and they resist it at all costs. I see it all the time in IT and on a broader scale the changing world around us. People don't like to get out of their comfort zone. And the media pushing the narrative of Trump is trying to rig the election. :doh:

awpitt

Main Streeter
Me either - probably never. Street boxes rarely get used so the mail doesn't get picked up from them regularly. The post box in front of the post office does, but not random ones dotted around a town.

Besides, almost everyone in America has at-home mail service. And how much snail mail do you send and receive anyway?

Exactly. Same thing is happening with in-lobby banking. I might actually set foot inside Navy Federal twice, maybe three times, per year.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Exactly. Same thing is happening with in-lobby banking. I might actually set foot inside Navy Federal twice, maybe three times, per year.
I don't think you can right now. Lobby was closed a couple of weeks ago because they are remodeling the inside.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
And the thing is that they're keening over how this will impact mail-in voting. Like they'd seriously drop their ballot into a mailbox on the side of the road. One would think they'd put it into their own mailbox for the mailperson to pick up, and unless they have stamps at home (which most people don't) they're going to have to go to the post office anyway.

I'm thinking mail-in voting will be a CF for younger people because many of them have never actually mailed anything through USPS. Their whole entire lives they've had electronic communication and online services. Many of them don't even know how to cash a check let alone mail a letter.

Tech

Don't know what the dems are complaining about, their voters don't seem impacted.

Attachments

• angier-0509-merr-2192.jpg
    angier-0509-merr-2192.jpg
    334.6 KB · Views: 122

herb749

Isn't that something that Congress needs to do. But you can forget that because Nancy's not gonna make waves with a union.

BernieP

Resident PIA

Settle down, people. When was the last time you dropped your mail in a streetside postal box anyway?
:lol:
Not at you but that I posted this story on another forum after seeing in on Facebook (Ben Shapiro follower).
Here's the fun part, take this,"10 things to know about the Trump post office conspiracy", and use Google to search
I bet there are at least 10 stories from CNN, the NYT, etc, all saying there is a conspiracy to destroy the USPS to steal the election.
It's like they all print the same things.
BTW, saw a great cut from Tucker Carlson about CNN and the Trump uses Mind Control.
No crap, they actually talked seriously on CNN about Trump using mind control.