10 things to know about the Trump/post office conspiracy theories

stgislander

PREMO Member
The post office is going the way of the landline telephone. It's just not how we communicate anymore. I'm not sure why anyone is having a shitfit over that except that the TV people tell them to.

Many people - particularly the elderly and disabled - receive their medications through the USPS, and this group is also likely to still send letters and cards via USPS to family and friends. That's why the delay and screw-ups in mail delivery recently are a problem. Yeah, the media says we should all be upset and for many of us it has little to no impact so we call BS. But it impacts some people quite a bit that do depend on it. Just another viewpoint.
You get the AARP emails too.

Tech

:sshrug:

you are too far out in the stix
Not that far, just waiting for old mail day.

Hijinx

I only need to know one thing about the Trump Postal Service Conspiracy
It's BS stirred by the media anti-Trump a-holes.
Just like the Russian collusion,and the unfit to hold office and the impeachment .

Tech

I only need to know one thing about the Trump Postal Service Conspiracy
It's BS stirred by the media anti-Trump a-holes.
Just like the Russian collusion,and the unfit to hold office and the impeachment .
Correct, since their Russian collusion hoax failed they are set up the next hoax.
Using the false narrative of Trump destroying the postal system. The post office has already stated that they can't meet delivery times because certain states absentee laws, compound this with the incompetence of states that are setting up voting by mail on the fly.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The post office is going the way of the landline telephone. It's just not how we communicate anymore. I'm not sure why anyone is having a shitfit over that except that the TV people tell them to.

Many people - particularly the elderly and disabled - receive their medications through the USPS, and this group is also likely to still send letters and cards via USPS to family and friends. That's why the delay and screw-ups in mail delivery recently are a problem. Yeah, the media says we should all be upset and for many of us it has little to no impact so we call BS. But it impacts some people quite a bit that do depend on it. Just another viewpoint.

A couple of things:

There aren't too many Americans who don't receive mail at home. That means they can send mail from home as well. The postal service isn't going away, it's just being streamlined, which is long overdue in our modern day and age.

The delays and screw ups in mail delivery aren't "recent". They've been going on at least my whole entire life, and I am 56 years old.

The "news" media is choosing to focus on this because they want you to think Trump is killing us all. Post boxes were removed under Barack Obama as well, but you didn't hear a word about it and it didn't impact life as we know it. That's because it's a non-issue being used for political purposes by the lying fake news biased media.

herb749

I like how the Dems can come back from vacation to interrogate this new guy but won't to help out the American people on a new stimulus. But I know they are just waiting on their media buds to pin this on Trump & the Pubs.

Crabcatcher79

awpitt

Main Streeter
A couple of things:

There aren't too many Americans who don't receive mail at home. That means they can send mail from home as well. The postal service isn't going away, it's just being streamlined, which is long overdue in our modern day and age.

The delays and screw ups in mail delivery aren't "recent". They've been going on at least my whole entire life, and I am 56 years old.

The "news" media is choosing to focus on this because they want you to think Trump is killing us all. Post boxes were removed under Barack Obama as well, but you didn't hear a word about it and it didn't impact life as we know it. That's because it's a non-issue being used for political purposes by the lying fake news biased media.

Stand-alone mail boxes have been getting removed gradually long before Obama or Trump. They're going the way of phone booths.