100 Person Brawl at California Hotel

Clem72

Furries? GURPS taught me that one.

Could be. 100 people in a "brawl" with only two injuries. Sounds like the result of a fight full of 30 year old overweight man-children who liked to dress as stuffed animals. Certainly wasn't a hell's angels convention.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....

SamSpade

They called it a protest.

WAS it a protest? I can't find much about it at all. Mostly a video. None that even say WHY it started.

EDIT:

Ok, found THIS...

Witnesses told KTLA the fight started over an incident at the hotel pool, when someone pushed a child into the water.
Raymond Brown, an 11-year-old who was at the pool at the time, told KTLA he playfully pushed his little cousin into the pool. His cousin then accidentally fell on a group of girls.
“They wanted to try to fight us but we didn’t really do nothing. It was just an accident,” Brown said. “And then that’s when they tried to fight us and they all went to the basketball court, and then we got in the hotel and they just started throwing bottles and stuff at us.”

https://ktla.com/news/local-news/large-brawl-erupts-at-anaheim-hotel/

Two people - STABBED. Damn.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Over 100 involved and only 2 arrested? I'm going to assume social distancing wasn't followed, and I didn't see hardly any masks worn in the video Hijinx posted. What gives with only 2 arrested?

Never mind... it's not your ordinary violator of the COVID rules, so........................ :bigwhoop:

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I know, it's almost not sporting anymore to play "guess the demographic".
The line between my personal bias and reality is starting to blur. A 100 person riot isn't helping any.

My privilege must be why people that look like me almost never engage in this sort of behavior. Unless our favorite sports team wins some sort of championship. But even then it isn't really a riot. It's drunks gathering in a large crowd to hoot, holler and set a sofa on fire. What I want to know is who brings a couch with them to a sport victory celebration.

Reactions: BOP

Clem72

WAS it a protest? I can't find much about it at all. Mostly a video. None that even say WHY it started.

EDIT:

Ok, found THIS...

Witnesses told KTLA the fight started over an incident at the hotel pool, when someone pushed a child into the water.
Raymond Brown, an 11-year-old who was at the pool at the time, told KTLA he playfully pushed his little cousin into the pool. His cousin then accidentally fell on a group of girls.
“They wanted to try to fight us but we didn’t really do nothing. It was just an accident,” Brown said. “And then that’s when they tried to fight us and they all went to the basketball court, and then we got in the hotel and they just started throwing bottles and stuff at us.”

https://ktla.com/news/local-news/large-brawl-erupts-at-anaheim-hotel/

Two people - STABBED. Damn.

"Accident". I remember going to the pool with friends when I was a young kid, and if you saw a group of cute girls one of you was definitely "accidentally" falling into the middle of that group.