Contractor for New Oil Furnace and A/C

C

czygvtwkr

Can anyone recomend a contractor in St Marys for installing a new oil furnace and air conditioning unit?

Anyone have a rough idea how much this will cost for a 1500 sq ft house?

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
czygvtwkr said:
Can anyone recomend a contractor in St Marys for installing a new oil furnace and air conditioning unit?

Besche Oil. We had ours done for a 2500 s.f. house (or bigger). 1 year interest free financing and those guys are the BEST. I think the oil furnace was $1800, don't remember what the a/c was. PM Desertrat and he can tell you. Our house is 48 years old, so we may have needed extra stuff done. They are excellent in service and excellent if there are any problems. We have had them for 24 years.

czygvtwkr said:

Our heat pump/ac was $4500, but it is probably twice the size of the one you would need. The heat pump saves you a lot of oil when it's not too cold. They may be still giving tax deductions for them too.

Beccasmom1012

HVAC cost

Well do you know what size A/C unit you already have at your home.You can go by that as well as getting you house sized.With 1500 square feet is that finished or unfinished space.you don't want to oversize the unit becuase it won't work as efficient. Everything has went to 13 seer A/C or heat pump. My husband is a HVAC-r mechanic with a Master's restricted license. He is insured as well. He has been in the trade for 17 plus years.While we don't do financing we don't charge anywhere near what the big companies charge.Since they try to sell you Lennox,Carrier,Rheem Rudd etc. Names brands that cost more and do the same as some of the other brands. We deal with Ducane and Armstrong which by the way is owned by Lennox. They come off the same line it's the nameplate you pay for. Our last job we did for a furnace with a/c wasn't even close to as one person paid 4500. and we installed a 2 ton a/c unit. I know he could keep it below that 4500 easily unless you need to have other things repaired. Ice Man and Son
Email is Icemanandson@verizon.net

Bobbi B

itsbob

I bowl overhand
desertrat said:
Our heat pump/ac was $4500, but it is probably twice the size of the one you would need. The heat pump saves you a lot of oil when it's not too cold. They may be still giving tax deductions for them too.
Problem I have is when it gets to about 35, our heat pump can't keep up, and we have to run the fireplace 24 hours a day (on a thermostat). We ran the fireplace all winter, and left the heat pump off. I THINK we saved money, at least the fireplace would shut off, the heat pump would run continuosly.

alex

BS Gal said:
Besche Oil. We had ours done for a 2500 s.f. house (or bigger). 1 year interest free financing and those guys are the BEST. I think the oil furnace was $1800, don't remember what the a/c was. PM Desertrat and he can tell you. Our house is 48 years old, so we may have needed extra stuff done. They are excellent in service and excellent if there are any problems. We have had them for 24 years.

Do not use these people they are the biggest ripoff when it comes to service and installation. They installed my HVAC system upside down and I had so much water from this that it damaged my floors. They finally fixed it but for 3 years everytime we wanted them to come out and service the A/C unit they gave us a song and dance about it being too cold to test, etc. Finally the unit, most likely from lack of maintenance, died and all they wanted to do was sell us a new unit.

Heard great things about TN Bowes.

C

czygvtwkr

Well it looks like my furnace bit the dust :(
Anymore suggestions?

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I've used Winter's Sheet Metal for years. They installed a new system in my old house and have fixed the one in my current house that was installed improperly by another company the builder chose and serviced the furnace and central air when needed promptly. :yay:

dn0121

After getting 6 or 7 estimates, interviewing people, and asking questions that most consumers do not know to ask I selected Hancock Refrigeration. I did so much research to make sure I got exactly what I needed and I couldn't be happier. I am not sure if they do oil furnaces, but I would look at getting a Heat Pump instead of straight AC. Then use your oil as backup when it gets colder. Once you get your load calc done they will get your set point to run as efficient as possible.

Hancock Refrigeration
(301) 475-8298
Toll-free Phone: 1-800-863-1259

PS If your looking for some forums to do research on let me know and I can PM them to you.

C

czygvtwkr

I just got my first estimate for Heatpump with oil furnace and it was $12000! :otter:

T

toppick08

Great Mills Heating and A/C. Good people. Ask for Charles.:howdy:

smilin

BOXER NATION
Burch Oil - they did a great job of installing six years ago and we haven't had a problem since.