Bloom store coming to Leonardtown?

joedancer

bookman
Hi,
Has anyone heard that Bloom might be moving into the Food Lion in Leonardtown? Bloom is the high end store in the Food Lion chain, and they are expanding. Someone saw a Bloom truck at the Food Lion the other day. Since McKays has opened, I don't think Food Lion is doing so well...

thanks,
Joe

joedancer said:
Hi,
Has anyone heard that Bloom might be moving into the Food Lion in Leonardtown? Bloom is the high end store in the Food Lion chain, and they are expanding. Someone saw a Bloom truck at the Food Lion the other day. Since McKays has opened, I don't think Food Lion is doing so well...

thanks,
Joe

I've never heard of Bloom, but I can't imagine using high-end and Food Lion in the same sentence.

johnycarcinogen

joedancer said:
Hi,

thanks,
Joe

Oh that new one opened, hmm, yeah, I'll have to check it out. That is the new huge one right?

joedancer

bookman
You may have seen the commericials on tv where green clad grocery employees are singing and dancing in the aisles. Friends of mine in Alexandria have spoken very highly of it. I think that Food Lion needs to upgrade their image. The one in Leonardtown has got to be the worst one around. I am very happy that McKays has opened. So far, it is great!
Joe

joedancer

bookman
CMC122 said:
The commercials are annoying as hell:yay:

Yes they are. And speaking as a choreographer, the choreography is very, very dated. But, I think they may have been going for that (I can only hope).

Joe

joedancer

bookman
sockgirl77 said:
Never had a problem with the Food Lion in Callaway. Always clean and the service was always great. :shrug:

They renovated the Callaway and the Leonardtown stores at around the same time. The L'town one is dirty and always looks like a hurricane warning has come and everyone rushed out for supplies. The shelves are half empty and they seem to rely on customers to tell them they need to restock!

sockgirl77

joedancer said:
They renovated the Callaway and the Leonardtown stores at around the same time. The L'town one is dirty and always looks like a hurricane warning has come and everyone rushed out for supplies. The shelves are half empty and they seem to rely on customers to tell them they need to restock!
I've only been there a few times. Only to pick up an emergency item on the way home. I have not lived in the Leonardtown area since I was 18. So far the best stocked store I've been to in St. Mary's is SFW. They have alot of the odd items that you can't find anywhere else.

joedancer

bookman
sockgirl77 said:
I've only been there a few times. Only to pick up an emergency item on the way home. I have not lived in the Leonardtown area since I was 18. So far the best stocked store I've been to in St. Mary's is SFW. They have alot of the odd items that you can't find anywhere else.

Even though I live in Breton Bay, I usually shop at SFW, or the Giant by Target. It is a shame that the Food Lion in L'town is so bad...

Example:

After weeks of no club soda on the shelves, I asked to speak to the manager at the help desk. I discovered I was speaking to her (she must have been in her mid twenties). She asked me to give her the product name and number for her to reorder it. I was incredulous to say the least. I asked if anyone looked at the shelves to see what was out of stock and she told me no, they did not do that! At one point, she started to tear up. I don't fault the store itself. I think the problems may be corporate. But, there are problems.

Example 2:

Products on the shelves that are beyond their expiration date! I would bring them up to the cashier and they would set them aside. Hmmm, I wonder what they did with them?

Example 3:

Not enough help. I brought this up to the manager and she told me that they did not pay enough. So people quit. Solutions, anyone?

I do hope that something happens there. They have to do something to compete with McKays, or they will not survive.

sockgirl77

joedancer said:
Even though I live in Breton Bay, I usually shop at SFW, or the Giant by Target. It is a shame that the Food Lion in L'town is so bad...

Example:

After weeks of no club soda on the shelves, I asked to speak to the manager at the help desk. I discovered I was speaking to her (she must have been in her mid twenties). She asked me to give her the product name and number for her to reorder it. I was incredulous to say the least. I asked if anyone looked at the shelves to see what was out of stock and she told me no, they did not do that! At one point, she started to tear up. I don't fault the store itself. I think the problems may be corporate. But, there are problems.

Example 2:

Products on the shelves that are beyond their expiration date! I would bring them up to the cashier and they would set them aside. Hmmm, I wonder what they did with them?

Example 3:

Not enough help. I brought this up to the manager and she told me that they did not pay enough. So people quit. Solutions, anyone?

I do hope that something happens there. They have to do something to compete with McKays, or they will not survive.
Most stores have computers to tell them what is out of stock. Some of the stores rely on the soda distributors to stock them. :shrug:

joedancer

bookman
A check of a computer inventory program would have been welcomed. The fact that she did not even know what she was out of was scary...

joedancer said:

Example:

Example 2:

My mom tried shopping at Food Lion years ago, until she discovered the expiration dates on the meat. She stopped shopping there right away. I've never set foot in one. You couldn't pay me to do it. I'll stick with Giant.

BuddyLee

Football addict
sockgirl77 said:
Never had a problem with the Food Lion in Callaway. Always clean and the service was always great. :shrug:
Callaway is pretty nice as it should be. It's the newest Food Lion in the St. Mary's area.

I'd give it a few years and it will end up like the other three.

sockgirl77

joedancer said:
No, I have not...
It is nasty. One thing that I hated was having to go to the one line to buy formula because they put it up front. Evidently people were stealing it. And these were probably the same people that could have gotten it for free. :rolleyes: