I have to boast...

K

Katie

Today I took Ashton to SMHA show up at PGEC.

We took 3 6th place ribbons. One of our classes had 19 people in it, and he was a total angel. He did have some spunk, but nothing that was real noticeable. He just wanted to trot. In the ring he stood nicely in the lineup, outside the ring he wouldn't stand in one place.

I am SO very proud of him. He is such a wonderful horse, and we are improving and will get there.

Eventer29

Thats great! Congrats
How was the show? dosent sound like that classes were too huge

Last edited:
K

Katie

Eventer29 said:
Thats great! Congrats
How was the show? dosent sound like that classes were too huge

I like the show. It moves quickly, and very organized.

K

Katie

Lugnut said:
I don't undertand, you're boasting about 6th place???

Yup. There is nothing wrong with being 6th place out of 19 other horses. It isn't like there was 6 horses in there. I would not even say a word if that was the case.

This was my negative karma by the way:

You are boasting about 6th place? Did you and your horse go to the competition in a short bus both wearing helmets and licking the windows? 6th place, you could have taken a stuffed horse in there and done better than that.

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
Katie said:
Yup. There is nothing wrong with being 6th place out of 19 other horses. It isn't like there was 6 horses in there. I would not even say a word if that was the case.

You are boasting about 6th place? Did you and your horse go to the competition in a short bus both wearing helmets and licking the windows? 6th place, you could have taken a stuffed horse in there and done better than that.

Nothing wrong with 6h place? If you don't want to win, why enter a competition?

I didn't send you any karma.

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
Lugnut said:

So... NASCAR participants start at the biggies? or you just go straight to the NFL without college? No working towards big wins? Having goals?

K

Katie

Lugnut said:

I do want to win, but you have to start somewhere.

fredsaid2

Katie said:

Have your karma giver meet you at the next show on his stuffed horse, see who pins where. :lmao:

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
virgovictoria said:
So... NASCAR participants start at the biggies? or you just go straight to the NFL without college? No working towards big wins? Having goals?

Goals are essential. That's not what we're talking about here.

EVERY driver that gets on the track WANTS to win. Have you ever seen a driver "boast" about "winning" 6th place?

Ever seen a boxer, wrestler, sprinter, or any other competitor that was HAPPY about losing?

No reason to be ashamed of losing. Losses are part of life and an opportunity to learn something. But they're not a reason to celebrate.

flarenuphope

laura+flare= gone
plus its all about how much fun you have! your a winner if you set a goal and complete it, like standing when told or catching the correct lead, or like me actually get your horse to walk... if you complete your goal its WAY better than winning the class. good job by the way!

K

Katie

Lugnut said:
Goals are essential. That's not what we're talking about here.

EVERY driver that gets on the track WANTS to win. Have you ever seen a driver "boast" about "winning" 6th place?

Ever seen a boxer, wrestler, sprinter, or any other competitor that was HAPPY about losing?

No reason to be ashamed of losing. Losses are part of life and an opportunity to learn something. But they're not a reason to celebrate.

BUT I didn't lose. IF I lost than I wouldn't have placed in the TOP 6. SO what if I wasn't #1. I don't put all my self-worth and belief in my horse with one horse show result. If I wanted a blue ribbon I could show at a local schooling show and get one. I have won(blues) classes on him, but I have stepped up in competition level.

Also my horse is not a push-button horse. Not anyone can get on him and have him do the job.

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
Katie said:
BUT I didn't lose. IF I lost than I wouldn't have placed in the TOP 6. SO what if I wasn't #1.

:shrug: How can I argue with that? :lmao:

fs2 said:
You'd need an understanding of competing a horse to realize her accomplishment. Goal achievement is not always quantifiable by a ribbon.

You're right about one thing. I don't know anything about horses other than how they taste. :lmao: