$100k False Imprisonment Settlement Paid by Maryland Car Dealership

Editor

somd.com Editor
Staff member
PREMO Member
Patron

Bonehead

Ther would have been some serious azz whipping at that dealership if I were related to her.....

DARCARs did exactly these tactics to my sister when she returned from test driving a vehicle! She was about 22 yrs old and alone. They wouldn't giver her her keys back and was there about just over 6 hours. There were no visible phones, no food, only water fountain, this was before the day of cellphones and she ended up buying a car from them as she was crying. She honestly didn't feel she had a way out.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
DARCARs did exactly these tactics to my sister when she returned from test driving a vehicle! She was about 22 yrs old and alone. They wouldn't giver her her keys back and was there about just over 6 hours. There were no visible phones, no food, only water fountain, this was before the day of cellphones and she ended up buying a car from them as she was crying. She honestly didn't feel she had a way out.
That's absolutely cruel. I guess it takes a special kind of person to be a car salesman.

Editor

somd.com Editor
Staff member
PREMO Member
Patron
They wouldn't give her her keys back and was there about just over 6 hours.
There are tons of stories like this; anything from we lost the keys and are looking for them to actually throwing the keys on the roof.

Two Tips for Women (or Beta Males, aka Soy Boys):
  1. Take an Alpha male with you.
  2. If you're doing a trade, give them the valet key and keep the main key in your pocket. If they pull the lost key crap, tell them you'll be suing them in small claims for a replacement key, pull the other key out of your pocket and leave.
  3. Take a paper copy of your driver's license and give that to them. If they demand the actual plastic card, leave.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
One of the things I learned from a family member that was in the car business 40 years ago, never trade in. If you want to get rid of your car, seller on the street privately and you’ll come out far better.

For me it never mattered because I drive whatever I have until it dies or I give it to a family member. Haven’t had a vehicle for less than 250,000 miles yet.