bar/liquor for wedding reception

nrp82smr

I am looking for somone to do a cash bar for my wedding reception.. they hall im using requires them to be licensed. the only people i have found so far do not do cash bar only open and well i can't afford that....

anyone have any suggestions??

MDTerps

Back in the saddle
Chasey_Lane said:
Please don't send me an invitation. I only go to weddings for the free booze.

Will you come to my wedding? We will be serving crackers and water.

Oh and it will be free for adults and $5.00 per child.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Let's presume that there are 150 people at a wedding reception with an open bar, and the reception lasts 4 hours. How much money is a reasonable estimate for a bar bill?

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
BadGirl said:
Let's presume that there are 150 people at a wedding reception with an open bar, and the reception lasts 4 hours. How much money is a reasonable estimate for a bar bill?
I'd say anywhere between $1200-1800, not including tip.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
BadGirl said:

At my son's wedding, we had about 175 people for a 4 hour reception. After the first hour, we were at $2,500...thank God it leveled off. It was just under $6,000 for 4 hours. That was top shelf liquor, but no shooters. We had a couple of import beers and bud, lite, etc. as a few wines.

Reception was at Pauls (on the South River). Great place by the way!

Last edited:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
cattitude said:
At my son's wedding, we had about 175 people for a 4 hour reception. After the first hour, we were at $2,500...thank God it leveled off. It was just under $6,000 for 4 hours.
Good gravy!! :faint: I came in really low. :lol:

I like it

cattitude said:
At my son's wedding, we had about 175 people for a 4 hour reception. After the first hour, we were at $2,500...thank God it leveled off. It was just under $6,000 for 4 hours. That was top shelf liquor, but no shooters. We had a couple of import beers and bud, lite, etc.

Reception was at Pauls (on the South River). Great place by the way!

:faint:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
cattitude said:
At my son's wedding, we had about 175 people for a 4 hour reception. After the first hour, we were at $2,500...thank God it leveled off. It was just under $6,000 for 4 hours.
Yikes! I guess I didn't realize how much money it would/could cost for an open bar.

I was thinking along the lines of maybe $2,000 - $3,000, at which point I would say that if you can't afford $3,000 for an open bar, then you're probably not in a good financial position to get married in the first place.

But then, I'm not married, either. :nomoney: :lol:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
BadGirl said:
Yikes! I guess I didn't realize how much money it would/could cost for an open bar.

I was thinking along the lines of maybe $2,000 - $3,000, at which point I would say that if you can't afford $3,000 for an open bar, then you're probably not in a good financial position to get married in the first place.

But then, I'm not married, either. :nomoney: :lol:

And of those 175 people, not all were drinking and a good many were drinking beer.

We paid for the entire reception. It was a great wedding and I don't regret it at all.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Christy said:
I hope my kids never get married. I can't afford it. :nomoney:
I think my dad was happy J and I flew to LV. At our reception at his home, he gave us a whopping check and he still saved thousands!! :lol:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Jabba suggested something different. She bought all her booze (I think from DJ's in Mechanicsville) and hired a bartender. They had it set so that she either put down a deposit or left a credit card or something, took the booze she wanted and was able to return any unopened bottles. I'd imagine that's a good deal cheaper than footing the bill on an open bar. My ex SIL did something similar I think and the bartender who tends bar at Red Hot and Blue in Waldorf only asked to put out a tip jar opposed to be paid. I think he still walked away with a good deal of money.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
pixiegirl said:
Jabba suggested something different. She bought all her booze (I think from DJ's in Mechanicsville) and hired a bartender. They had it set so that she either put down a deposit or left a credit card or something, took the booze she wanted and was able to return any unopened bottles. I'd imagine that's a good deal cheaper than footing the bill on an open bar. My ex SIL did something similar I think and the bartender who tends bar at Red Hot and Blue in Waldorf only asked to put out a tip jar opposed to be paid. I think he still walked away with a good deal of money.

Not all places you hold the reception are agreeable to that.