102.9 wkik

tomtom

When at work in LaPlata, I like to listen to 102.9, wkik. Lately, I would say within the past couple weeks, I usually can't pick that station up in LaPlata anymore. When there and I put my car radio on 102.9, I get WTNT from Washington DC. Anyone else having issues picking this station up, or know if something has changed with them? Thanks.

cheezgrits

Thought pirate
You'd think they'd be worldwide since they are broadcasting from high atop the Morgan building.

Seriously, I've had issues with a lot of the radio stations this week. Sunspots?

Bay_Kat

Tropical
You'd think they'd be worldwide since they are broadcasting from high atop the Morgan building.

Seriously, I've had issues with a lot of the radio stations this week. Sunspots?

Yep, sunspots, always seemed to happen to me up there in the spring and fall.

stgislander

PREMO Member
I don't know about WKIK, but in the Piney Point area, Star 98.3 is being walked on by classical music station WHRF 98.3 from over on VA's eastern shore.

DEEKAYPEE8569

I don't know about WKIK, but in the Piney Point area, Star 98.3 is being walked on by classical music station WHRF 98.3 from over on VA's eastern shore.

That's because the local radio station triumvirate: 97.7, 102.9 and 98.3 doesn't know that they are insufficiently transmitting; either their signal strength is for crap or their repeaters have ***t the bed. We should be able to receive all three radio stations down past Saluda, VA.

Sometimes I lose 98.3 in lex park and get the classical station. Started listening to Eastern Shore stations since they come in almost anywhere over here. Kind of weird that I can easily get Cambridge or Easton but not the local stations in certain places.

Radiant1

Soul Probe
Sometimes I lose 98.3 in lex park and get the classical station. Started listening to Eastern Shore stations since they come in almost anywhere over here. Kind of weird that I can easily get Cambridge or Easton but not the local stations in certain places.

I listen to 93.5 out of Georgetown, DE all the time. It seems to come in better than DC or Baltimore stations.

ZARA

You guys are lucky. If I want music I have to use Pandora because the radio only picks up one station at my house.

DooDoo1402

The fear of Smell
Sirius/XM is the pits! Repeated songs on all the stations... and they play cheap low bandwidth mp3 files that sometimes sounds like the song is underwater! It is very noticable listening in a pro-level stereo or interface. Many car radio systems are just very cheap consumer radios. I relate moving to Sirious/XM as the same as moving from FM to AM!

I have a hard time picking up most stations around LP area too. And I have heard the VA classical station over ride 98.3. That is also why I stopped listening to TJ and Heather... on the base the VA over-powered that station. 97.7 is ok on some weekends... other than that... same old stale classic sonfgs I was sick and tired of hearing back in the 80/90's... I mean c'mon, my classic rock album collection could find a million new songs... naw, same bad company, lynyrd skynyrd, areosmith baloney... My radio dial never went beyond those station around here. When I lived in Alexandria, we had a slew of great FM stations... most are gone. 104 can be picked here sometimes.. but it's become the same stale song repeater too!

I'll create my own quality mp3 files disc... hit random and enjoy! It's so much better for me!

slotpuppy

Ass-hole
Sirius/XM is the pits! Repeated songs on all the stations... and they play cheap low bandwidth mp3 files that sometimes sounds like the song is underwater!

Thats funny because more than once I have heard a disc skip and the DJ stop in the middle of the song and put on a new one. How does that happen with mp3?

John Z

if you will
Thats funny because more than once I have heard a disc skip and the DJ stop in the middle of the song and put on a new one. How does that happen with mp3?

Now that is funny! I would love to hear a skip.:lmao:

I have noticed poor quality on my car stereo too (when I had the free six months of XM), and I'm not sure if it is due to the satellite technology or the low resolution files.

They keep begging me to come back with their $25/6 months offer.

DooDoo1402

The fear of Smell

Well maybe because you don't understand the technology and yes, there are a few Sirius stations that occasionally have a dj sit in with their selection of vinyl... Bob Dylan does occasionally; but I didn't say every single station did I? Why do you clowns always reply like you *have to* correct certain people on everything when you read a tidbit f***king post! Come down from your high horses for a change! If you like Sirius/XM radio.. so be it! It does work for some folks, not for me! Technically and musically... I gave you the truth. Read it and consume... or go enjoy your cheap music stations! :otter:

ftcret

Sirius/XM is the pits! Repeated songs on all the stations... and they play cheap low bandwidth mp3 files that sometimes sounds like the song is underwater! It is very noticable listening in a pro-level stereo or interface. Many car radio systems are just very cheap consumer radios. I relate moving to Sirious/XM as the same as moving from FM to AM!

I have a hard time picking up most stations around LP area too. And I have heard the VA classical station over ride 98.3. That is also why I stopped listening to TJ and Heather... on the base the VA over-powered that station. 97.7 is ok on some weekends... other than that... same old stale classic sonfgs I was sick and tired of hearing back in the 80/90's... I mean c'mon, my classic rock album collection could find a million new songs... naw, same bad company, lynyrd skynyrd, areosmith baloney... My radio dial never went beyond those station around here. When I lived in Alexandria, we had a slew of great FM stations... most are gone. 104 can be picked here sometimes.. but it's become the same stale song repeater too!

I'll create my own quality mp3 files disc... hit random and enjoy! It's so much better for me!

Hmmm, an audiophile listening to FM babblers, complains about repeated songs yet makes his own collection and listens to it repeatedly I am sure (because it is a superior selection). I think you just need to flush out the used and depleted diet of song selections and wipe away anything clinging to refresh yourself.

slotpuppy

Ass-hole
Well maybe because you don't understand the technology and yes, there are a few Sirius stations that occasionally have a dj sit in with their selection of vinyl... Bob Dylan does occasionally; but I didn't say every single station did I? Why do you clowns always reply like you *have to* correct certain people on everything when you read a tidbit f***king post! Come down from your high horses for a change! If you like Sirius/XM radio.. so be it! It does work for some folks, not for me! Technically and musically... I gave you the truth. Read it and consume... or go enjoy your cheap music stations! :otter:

Every station I listen to has a DJ on full time, 24/7. I dont have to listen to any commercials and I hear the same station where ever I go in the country. I have no problem with the sound quality, no static when I crank it up, unlike regular FM stations.

DooDoo1402

The fear of Smell
Hmmm, an audiophile listening to FM babblers, complains about repeated songs yet makes his own collection and listens to it repeatedly I am sure (because it is a superior selection). I think you just need to flush out the used and depleted diet of song selections and wipe away anything clinging to refresh yourself.

Well first, repeated STALE songs... songs I was sick of perhaps before most of you were born... yes, my mp3 disc is superior.. cause 99% of those songs you won't find on ANY station! And believe or not numb-nutz.. you can make more than one disc! Second... I perhaps forgot more than I remember about music and the technology than most of you idiots! I mean JFC.. read slots replies... I am sure she's content in her rice-burner satellite radeeeo station listening to america's got talent baloney, with her cell phone glued to the other ear. She wouldn't know a mcintosh from a macdonalds!