Newsweek's top 1200 High Schools

2ballscrewball

Newsweek’s top 1200 High Schools in America.

The Southern Maryland schools that made the top 1200 High Schools in America are as follows;

Mcdonough H.S. 260
Leonardtown H.S. 327
Patuxent H.S. 365
Huntingtown H.S. 406
Great MillsH.S. 578
Laplata H.S. 671
Northern H.S. 688
Stone H.S. 852
Westlake H.S. 922
Chopticon H.S. 923
Calvert 1,234

almost every Southern Maryland School made the top %5

Making the top 1200 Puts the school in the top 5% of all schools.

All of the Waldorf schools made it. Maybe Waldorf is not such a bad place after all!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18757087/site/newsweek/

Last edited:
Richard Cranium said:
Skewed and objective results.
Yeah... the Newsweek editor is all about artificially inflating the value of southern Maryland... geesh, he should get a life, huh...:lol:

88stringslouie

Rating the schools

They calculate how "GOOD" the school is based on many things, including how many people take AP courses. How about looking at how well those students did, how slower kids hold back the entire class and the AP curriculum isn't completely covered due to children not belonging in the class?

Can you imagine if the football coach was forced to let every geek at the school on the team.
If you want to really compare schools, check out the average scores in each category. I think you'd find that those results are on the opposite side of the spectrum. It is another "liberal feel good" program, hatched my Jay Matthews from the Washington Compost.
:killingme

Dondi

Dondi
Richard Montgomery in my hometown of Rockville, MD made 25. :yahoo: Well, I did take a summer school class there once. :shrug:

Geek

88stringslouie said:
They calculate how "GOOD" the school is based on many things, including how many people take AP courses. How about looking at how well those students did, how slower kids hold back the entire class and the AP curriculum isn't completely covered due to children not belonging in the class?

Can you imagine if the football coach was forced to let every geek at the school on the team.
If you want to really compare schools, check out the average scores in each category. I think you'd find that those results are on the opposite side of the spectrum. It is another "liberal feel good" program, hatched my Jay Matthews from the Washington Compost.
:killingme

:howdy: