Fastest KO ever

smoothmarine187

:lol: that's what happens when you go charging in like a retard. I thought for sure this was going to be about Chuck and Rampage....

lovinmaryland

smoothmarine187 said:
:lol: that's what happens when you go charging in like a retard. I thought for sure this was going to be about Chuck and Rampage....

same thing here. :lmao:

I was so mad i ordered that fight and it was so so short. It is really starting to bother me them having all these Pride fighters come over now. I mean i know UFC bought them but come on the rules are so much more relaxed in pride re: steriods and all.

I should have just watched highlights on espn since they seem to be on the UFC band wagon now.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
jenbengen said:
:lmao: Is that really all you got for pay-per-view? How much was it? I guess the running into the ring technique doesn't work, huh?

That is not the pay per view event that was reffered to earlier.

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
lovinmaryland said:
same thing here. :lmao:

I was so mad i ordered that fight and it was so so short. It is really starting to bother me them having all these Pride fighters come over now. I mean i know UFC bought them but come on the rules are so much more relaxed in pride re: steriods and all.

I should have just watched highlights on espn since they seem to be on the UFC band wagon now.

You were mad about that fight?! Shoot we got to see nearly the entire under card. That was a GREAT PPV!

Steroids are definitely an issue for anybody that wants to make the move from the US to organizations/venues overseas.

lovinmaryland

Lugnut said:
You were mad about that fight?! Shoot we got to see nearly the entire under card. That was a GREAT PPV!

Steroids are definitely an issue for anybody that wants to make the move from the US to organizations/venues overseas.

i didn't say the whole thing was bad

maybe i should have said i am p*ssed that Liddell lost. I have a feeling he won't get another shot at the title for a long time. I was also bummed at the Keith Jardine fight, i really like him, ever since he was on the UF.

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
lovinmaryland said:
i didn't say the whole thing was bad

maybe i should have said i am p*ssed that Liddell lost. I have a feeling he won't get another shot at the title for a long time. I was also bummed at the Keith Jardine fight, i really like him, ever since he was on the UF.

I like Chuck Liddell (and thought he would win!!!) but I became a Rampage fan a few years ago after seeing some outtakes he did in a training DVD with Bas Rutten. He's funny as hell and not nearly as cocky as he presents on TV.

In the Jardine fight I was cheering Houston Alexander ALL THE WAY. Houston was the coach for a friend of mine!!! He's been wrestling for over 20 years and is one HELL of a grappler. Yeah I know, we didn't see ANY of his ground skill...Now that's irony! :lmao:

lovinmaryland

Lugnut said:
I like Chuck Liddell (and thought he would win!!!) but I became a Rampage fan a few years ago after seeing some outtakes he did in a training DVD with Bas Rutten. He's funny as hell and not nearly as cocky as he presents on TV.

In the Jardine fight I was cheering Houston Alexander ALL THE WAY. Houston was the coach for a friend of mine!!! He's been wrestling for over 20 years and is one HELL of a grappler. Yeah I know, we didn't see ANY of his ground skill...Now that's irony! :lmao:

Props to Alexander for winning because he was small compared to Jardine, but i didn't like the fact that he stood over top of him and acted like that.

Thats cool that you knew the coach, they work so hard to get these guys in shape it really is a good sport. I think it is funny how for years now espn has basically ignored that they existed and now they are all over them because they have blown up.

An old boyfriend of mine got me into it about 7 years ago, i have been hooked ever since.

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
lovinmaryland said:
Props to Alexander for winning because he was small compared to Jardine, but i didn't like the fact that he stood over top of him and acted like that.

Thats cool that you knew the coach, they work so hard to get these guys in shape it really is a good sport. I think it is funny how for years now espn has basically ignored that they existed and now they are all over them because they have blown up.

An old boyfriend of mine got me into it about 7 years ago, i have been hooked ever since.

I try to ignore the posturing inside the ring. It's a WHOLE different ball of wax once you step in there and that's not the same person you would meet outside the ring, believe me!

ESPN is definitely backpedaling on there past stance on MMA that s for sure!

I've been a fan for several years myself. I have a couple hundred hours of fights on tape and DVD. Everything from UFC/Pride, to KOTC, Abu Dhabi, grapplers quest, and a few other lesser known organizations/events.

lovinmaryland

Lugnut said:
I try to ignore the posturing inside the ring. It's a WHOLE different ball of wax once you step in there and that's not the same person you would meet outside the ring, believe me!

ESPN is definitely backpedaling on there past stance on MMA that s for sure!

I've been a fan for several years myself. I have a couple hundred hours of fights on tape and DVD. Everything from UFC/Pride, to KOTC, Abu Dhabi, grapplers quest, and a few other lesser known organizations/events.

Me too, i thought i was a bit obsessive with it, i buy the fights on tivo then transfer them to a tape. Same with the UF series. Do you watch that? If so what is your opinion on this last episode? I personally think that it is a bit much for them to put the guys against each other, have them live in the same house, provide alcohol, and then not expect them to fight each other occasionally. I thought it was not right to send them home JMO :popcorn:

I don't like pride though :shrug:

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
lovinmaryland said:
Me too, i thought i was a bit obsessive with it, i buy the fights on tivo then transfer them to a tape. Same with the UF series. Do you watch that? If so what is your opinion on this last episode? I personally think that it is a bit much for them to put the guys against each other, have them live in the same house, provide alcohol, and then not expect them to fight each other occasionally. I thought it was not right to send them home JMO :popcorn:

I don't like pride though :shrug:

Love TUF, I catch every episode I can but missed the last one with the fight in the house. Can't wait for them to come out on DVD, that's for sure.

I don't know what caused the fight but they're all adults, there are very specific rules, and they HAVE an outlet for their agressions. :shrug: I have to watch that episode! :jameo: :lmao:

I like Pride a lot. One thing thats confusing is that elbows are not allowed but they ARE allowed to kick to the head when the opponent is down. Doesn't make much sense to me.

lovinmaryland

Lugnut said:
Love TUF, I catch every episode I can but missed the last one with the fight in the house. Can't wait for them to come out on DVD, that's for sure.

I don't know what caused the fight but they're all adults, there are very specific rules, and they HAVE an outlet for their agressions. :shrug: I have to watch that episode! :jameo: :lmao:

I like Pride a lot. One thing thats confusing is that elbows are not allowed but they ARE allowed to kick to the head when the opponent is down. Doesn't make much sense to me.

Yes they do have a place to get out their agressions but the are putting them against one another (teams against teams) and having them live in the same house, providing them alcohol, they have to expect things to happen now and then. i don't want to give to much of it away because you haven't seen it but it was a good episode.

These are guys that want to be there, unlike last year when that guy left because he was scared the girl he was dating (for all of two seconds) was cheating on him.... what a total sh*t head.

regarding pride it is confusing because certain things are allowed and others aren't their isn't a cage :blahblah: one of the fights on the UFC a few weeks ago there was a head kick that seriously just knocked the guy out... hit him right on the button, the way he fell i swear it looked like he broke his leg it was crazy :jameo:

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
lovinmaryland said:
regarding pride it is confusing because certain things are allowed and others aren't their isn't a cage :blahblah: one of the fights on the UFC a few weeks ago there was a head kick that seriously just knocked the guy out... hit him right on the button, the way he fell i swear it looked like he broke his leg it was crazy :jameo:

Ugh, I know! That was Gabriel Gonzaga knocking out my favorite fighter Mirko Filipovic! I was astonished at how fast Gonzaga was :faint: completely depressing, but Mirko has been fighting for a LONG time now, he's an old man in fighter terms!

I prefer the standard ring and Prides "re-position" rule to the cage. The cage is a BIG advantage to the opponent with better grappling skills. I think the ring/position rule puts fighters on more even ground. Just my opinion. :smile:

lovinmaryland

Lugnut said:
Ugh, I know! That was Gabriel Gonzaga knocking out my favorite fighter Mirko Filipovic! I was astonished at how fast Gonzaga was :faint: completely depressing, but Mirko has been fighting for a LONG time now, he's an old man in fighter terms!

I prefer the standard ring and Prides "re-position" rule to the cage. The cage is a BIG advantage to the opponent with better grappling skills. I think the ring/position rule puts fighters on more even ground. Just my opinion. :smile:
that actually does make sense about the cage.

At first i really didn't like the grappling but after time you realize how much of an athlete they are to be able to get into those positions and hold them for so long.

i love to watch fights where it is all stand up, then all the sudden he takes em' down and either does a little ground and pound or submits him. Can you tell Matt Hughes is my FAVORITE :whistle: then it is bispbing...you know us girls and accents

Do you have a recent favorite fight? I thought the rematch of tim sylvia and arlovski (spelling?) that was a good one, i really thought arlovski was going ot win (even though i like tim)but he just worked him he was out of it. That was good one.

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
lovinmaryland said:
Do you have a recent favorite fight? I thought the rematch of tim sylvia and arlovski (spelling?) that was a good one, i really thought arlovski was going ot win (even though i like tim)but he just worked him he was out of it. That was good one.

NOooo! :jameo: :lmao: That last Arlovski-Sylvia fight was terrible! :smile:

Arlovski is a MUCH better fighter than that. He picked up some new coaching staff and I haven't enjoyed his fights since. He's a great fighter but lately he's been almost timid (easy for me to say since I'm not in the ring! :lmao:)

As for favorite fight? I dunno, there are SOOO many good ones! Well, guess I just have to go home and throw in a DVD and decide! :lmao:

lovinmaryland

Lugnut said:
NOooo! :jameo: :lmao: That last Arlovski-Sylvia fight was terrible! :smile:

Arlovski is a MUCH better fighter than that. He picked up some new coaching staff and I haven't enjoyed his fights since. He's a great fighter but lately he's been almost timid (easy for me to say since I'm not in the ring! :lmao:)

As for favorite fight? I dunno, there are SOOO many good ones! Well, guess I just have to go home and throw in a DVD and decide! :lmao:

see that fight messed with him, that is so funny we almost disagree on everything :lmao:

I'll tell you what was terrible, matt hughes vs st pierre :bawl: don't even get me started on that fight.

i think that tito and forrest need to fight again. wasn't that in the works?

now get home watch a few fights and get back to me :lmao:

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
lovinmaryland said:
see that fight messed with him, that is so funny we almost disagree on everything :lmao:

I'll tell you what was terrible, matt hughes vs st pierre :bawl: don't even get me started on that fight.

i think that tito and forrest need to fight again. wasn't that in the works?

now get home watch a few fights and get back to me :lmao:

Matt Hughes is an OUSTANDING fighter. But I don't like him. :lmao: Yep, we disagree on a lot! :boxing: :lmao:

I don't think we'll be seeing much of tito in the UFC in the future.

Will do! :yay: