Speed Trap Alert

Richard Cranium

SMCSO running radar and cop-in-road at the bend in Willows Road, just past Lancaster Park.

No coincidence that it's the last day of the month, either :sarcasm:

ChattyCat

ChattyCat
Richard Cranium said:
SMCSO running radar and cop-in-road at the bend in Willows Road, just past Lancaster Park.

Radar is set up on Pegg Road as well.

Agee

Richard Cranium said:

Seems to be one their favorite "gotcha" spots...

Richard Cranium

Speed Trap Alert 05-31-2007 02:25 PM idiot. now they have to get the money some other way.

...So, you'd rather have them write out 100 tickets today than spending the funds appropriated to them wisely? You're a real genius!

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Chasey_Lane said:
I travel Pegg ALL the time and I've NEVER seen radar set up - though everyone always says there is. :lol:
When I lived in 'da hood off of Pegg Rd, I used to see radar set up all the time. Thankfully I was never pulled over.

beamher

Chasey_Lane said:
I travel Pegg ALL the time and I've NEVER seen radar set up - though everyone always says there is. :lol:

i haven't seen them on pegg road since latter part of '06 when they appeared to be constantly set up

beamher

beamher said:
i haven't seen them on pegg road since latter part of '06 when they appeared to be constantly set up

then again, they have been spotted sitting in the first entrance to the seniors home when coming off 235 every now and then

BigRed

you guys do realize SMCSO get $0 for writing you a ticket, correct?

...just a lil tidbit I picked up somewhere down the line...

pingrr

BlackSheep said:
I really don't care if its speed traps or red light cameras-everywhere-what ever it takes! :yay:

I hope they put one at the end of your driveway moron. Speedtraps are stupid and so are you.

Bonehead

I really do enjoy some one driving recklessly like a bat out of hell weaving in and out of traffic get to have a little chat with "the man". I have always wanted to pull over and enumerate the various violations that I witnessed in the 30 seconds I spent trying not to get run over........probably not worth the effort.

If you want to speed you have to be prepared to pay the price.
Quit your biatching.

The rules are black and white and posted on a little rectangular sign at regular intervals. :smack:

johnycarcinogen

Bonehead said:
I really do enjoy some one driving recklessly like a bat out of hell weaving in and out of traffic get to have a little chat with "the man". I have always wanted to pull over and enumerate the various violations that I witnessed in the 30 seconds I spent trying not to get run over........probably not worth the effort.

If you want to speed you have to be prepared to pay the price.
Quit your biatching.

The rules are black and white and posted on a little rectangular sign at regular intervals. :smack:

It's better to get a ticket in St. Mary's rather than Calvert. In St. Mary's you can just pay double the fine and its done, no points, blah blah blah. Calvert, you either pay and get points, or you go to court and hope for community service, or that the issuing officer doesnt show.

Either way, I think the money would be spent much better patrolling, instead of staking out.

tom88

johnycarcinogen said:
It's better to get a ticket in St. Mary's rather than Calvert. In St. Mary's you can just pay double the fine and its done, no points, blah blah blah. Calvert, you either pay and get points, or you go to court and hope for community service, or that the issuing officer doesnt show.

Either way, I think the money would be spent much better patrolling, instead of staking out.
It's funny, as I opened this up, the thread ahead of this read "accident in Calvert County". I wonder if the accident was due to speed?