Jiffy Lube On Great Mills Road

H

Heretic

UGH I went to jiffylube for a simple oil change and my experience was horrible. All I wanted was the damn oil and filter changed and I ended up with a bill of almost $40 and a bunch of lies about manufacture recommended maintance. There was a $3 fee because my vehicle is 4wd, now what the hell does changing the oil have to do with the vehicle being 4wd (remember all I wanted was a simple oil change).

First they told me Toyota recomended flushing the radiator at 15k miles, wrong 50k miles (I have the red stuff)

Second they told me the tires should be inflated to 34 PSI, wrong again owners manual says 29, granted thats a small difference but they were still full of ####.

Third, your fuel injectors need serviced at 15k miles, wrong again

Fourth, Differential fluid needs changed, wrong again.

Stay away from this place, I would change the oil myself but I live in an apartment and have no where to do it. Does anyone know of a good $20 oil change place. Back home we had this place called Quick lube which was a garage with a door on both ends, you drove into it they changed your oil while you sat in your car and you got out of there for $20.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
I've been saying that since I moved here. I went in there when I first moved here, filed a complaint with the parent company and kvitched for days about the stupid people there trying to take me for stupid. In the process discovered they are blacklisted at the base. Bad company here and bad rep. Not true of all of them though.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
If all you told them to do is change the oil and filter that is all you should've paid for. Did they talk you into the extras or just do them? If they did them w/o your permission I wouldn't have paid. If you ok'd it then you got suckered.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Sharon
If all you told them to do is change the oil and filter that is all you should've paid for. Did they talk you into the extras or just do them? If they did them w/o your permission I wouldn't have paid. If you ok'd it then you got suckered.
:yeahthat:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
True, they didn't talk me into anything it just po'd me that they treated me as if I was a car idiot and instead of just changing the oil, and getting me the heck out of there, they kept coming back every 5 minutes trying to sell me something else that I absolutely needed:rolleyes:

Warron

I go to jiffy lube all the time. All you need is a little willpower to get by the sales pitch. Say no and they don't continue hassling you. The price is because you are not getting just an oil change. They check and top off all the fluids, vacuum the interior, clean the exterior windows and a bunch of other crap. If you don't want all that, don't go there. They are also one of the only places I have found that carry Mobil 1 oil, which is what I like to use.

Christy

b*tch rocket
I like the guys up at the Sunoco station right across from Exploration. I was borrowing someone's vehicle and the oil light came on, and I had NO CLUE what type of oil to put in it, so I pulled in, the guy grabbed a thing of oil and stuck it in for me and only charged me for the cost of the oil (which was like $1 or something). I buzz on up there anytime I need an oil change, it's as cheap as anywhere around and they're fast too.

BudoPo

I've yet to find a decent auto shop here. Southern Tire (by Days Inn) seems like straight forward people, but they've botched a few really simple jobs. Midas on Great Mills completely blows.

Changing the oil for me is an easy 30 minute job (even being an apartment dweller), and I do all the routine stuff and minor R&R work myself. For anything out of my league, I go to a shop in Gaithersburg.

John Z

if you will
Originally posted by Warron
They are also one of the only places I have found that carry Mobil 1 oil, which is what I like to use.

I use Mobil 1 also, but I always bring my own (to Jiffy Lube or to wherever else I take it). They don't have a problem with it, and give a $2 or $3 discount for my bringing my own oil. Since I get the Mobil 1 for ~ $23.00 for a 6-pack, it is a better deal than the price Jiffy Lube charges.

Anyhoo, yeah, Jiffy Lube does throw the sales pitch at you, but you can just say no and they'll leave you alone.

Down here (Lex Park/California), Laser Lube is good for oil changes. R&R Automotive is a good shop too. I get my tires installed/balanced there (bring my own tires, which I order through Tire Rack). They have a road-force balancer. (sorry for the slight :offtopic:)

Hello6

Princess of Mean
Laser Lube tried to get me to replace my muffler on my truck (95 GMC Jimmy) because it was rusty. Not rusted through, just rusty. It lasted 2 more years after they told me that.

Is there an All Tune and Lube with the yellow logo on 235? The name escapes me right now. They did TONS of work on my stupid truck and were very upfront and honest with me.

Bell Motors in Leonardtown effed me on my truck. They did work on the transmission. I drove up to Bathesda and had the check engine light come on and the truck acting all weird engine wise. Took it the All Tune and Lube and they looked under the hood and hoses hadn't been reconnected! This thing had been supposedly "QA"ed and signed off as done by the mechanics at Bell. Lesson learned, I'll be looking under the hood inspecting what the mechanics have done from now on. That and I'm NEVER taking my GM vehicle to Bell again.

alex

I take my car to Leonardtown Service Center now a BP station. Don is always up front and never tries to rip you off. I have taken both my vans there and never had a problem.

SeaRide

I do R&R at my home on simple things like oil change, plugs, filters, brake jobs, belts and other maintenance things. When it comes to major repair job like transmission replacement or rebuilt or major engine work, I go to my favorite mechanic friends(father & son) who does it at their private owned garage.

K

Katie

Yes everytime I go to that jiffy lube I always spend at least 100.00 in car repairs. Makes me not want to go there. Just a plain straight oil change! I can change my own air filter I am not a total and complete moron!

Vince

Originally posted by SeaRide
I do R&R at my home on simple things like oil change, plugs, filters, brake jobs, belts and other maintenance things. When it comes to major repair job like transmission replacement or rebuilt or major engine work, I go to my favorite mechanic.

:yeahthat:

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Originally posted by PoliticalAnlyst
I just took it to Midas next to WallyMart. I think they charged me $12. You can walk over to WallyMart and buy your toilet paper and aspirin while you're waiting.

Be sure to get an appointment first.

That's Cheseldine's / Meineke in front of WalMart. Midas is down on Great Mills Road.

If you have the slightest oil leak, don't use synthetic until you repair it. Otherwise, I've been using Synthetic for years, and oil is a cheap price to pay for the virtually zero engine wear that synthetics provide.

But, even synthetic oil is too cheap not to change it regularly. Amsoil is a great product, but I still don't let it go over 5K. Oil is cheaper than inconvenience and engine failure.