"Brewing Grounds" - Leonardtown

Ender

Undercover Geek
Lately, I've been hanging out in the Brewing Grounds in Leonardtown. I'll be honest, I normally just purchase a few frappes and then sit around on my laptop for a number of hours. Although, I will admit that the people here are very friendly and haven't had any troubles whatsoever out of them. I did a quick search on the forums about them, and only one thread came up - and several people were disappointed. The only real problem I have about the place is that their menu of actual food (lunch menu, at least) isn't very accessible - but I might try something later on (in about an hour or two). Their frappes are cheap and good as well, considering they're only $3.68 (try to get a "frappucino" from Starbucks for the same amount - with the same number of flavours you can get).

I haven't tried too much of their food, as I've mentioned. Although, I will admit that upon lunch time (11am-2pm), the crowd that comes in just makes me want to order something yummy. Since the last thread about this place was over two years ago (I wasn't even in the US at the time!), I'm curious as to how the public perception of Brewing Grounds in Leonardtown, since the last thread anyways.

Oh hey, anyone remember the old Landromat that was here too (the lot that Brewing Grounds has now)? I still remember the Mrs. Pac-Man machine that resided near the front that I used to play all the time as a kid, growing up. And yes, I do realize that the landromat has been out of business for a very long while... =)

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
They by far have the best espresso beans! I was turned onto the Cafe Americano by the owner and have since been hooked!

My constant irritation is that they are not open after typical business hours (5pm). So, if you're out in the early evening in L-town, there isn't a decent place to get java. But then, I don't have to support the business or the owner and his family either - on the profits of my hit or miss coffee consumption, especially three months out of the year...