Hell's Kitchen...

Agee

Any viewers?

Not a fan of reality TV, but being a huge foodie, this one has gotten the best of me. I know these lads and lasses are young! But tonight, they were having a hard time identifying the taste of the most simple foods! (they were blind folded and audio blocked).

Sounds like a great forum get together challenge; diverse foods, blind folds and wagers?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Airgasm said:
Sounds like a great forum get together challenge; diverse foods, blind folds and wagers?
That's scary to imagine. :lol:

But I like Hell's Kitchen, too :yay:

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
Airgasm said:
Any viewers?

Not a fan of reality TV, but being a huge foodie, this one has gotten the best of me. I know these lads and lasses are young! But tonight, they were having a hard time identifying the taste of the most simple foods! (they were blind folded and audio blocked).

It's my one reality TV vice. The guy has a new show coming out on FOX in the fall, I've watched it before on BBC.

Agee

Chasey_Lane said:
:lmao: He was so hilarious.

Could you imagine him running a restaurant? As a matter of fact, of the remaining players, I don't see any of them having the skills necessay (JMO) We shall see...

sockgirl77

It is the show that I flip to on commercial breaks. It cracks me up. That guy is an ass but funny as hell. I could not imagine working under those conditions.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
smoothmarine187 said:
I love that show! I miss the asian guy though, I enjoyed watching him pass out all the time :lol:

I've never seen a man or woman, come to think of it, that would cry at the drop of a hat like that guy. I can't believe Ramsey was so easy on him.

smoothmarine187

AK-74me said:
I've never seen a man or woman, come to think of it, that would cry at the drop of a hat like that guy. I can't believe Ramsey was so easy on him.

I was laughing when he was taking the bones out of the fish and he was sweating all over the damn place.

sockgirl77

I love Top Chef. There are real talented chefs on there (and a few idiots).

Now, as far as Hell's Kitchen, why would a Waffle House cook qualify as a chef?

Agee

sockgirl77 said:
I love Top Chef. There are real talented chefs on there (and a few idiots).

Now, as far as Hell's Kitchen, why would a Waffle House cook qualify as a chef?

I'm sure she was selected for sheer entertainment value.

Nanny Pam

I like Hells Kitchen, too. Chef Ramsey cracks me up! But last night....letting that guy go home instead of that girl was just wrong.
She needed to go, IMO.

The idea of blindfolding forum members at a gathering and making them taste food is a good one! :lol:

Remember to check for food alergies first.

Agee

sockgirl77 said:
Oh, but I about :barf: when I saw the blonde chick reuse the trashed pasta.

Absolute :nono:
She should have been sent packing for that! You be surprised at some of the nasty things that go on in some kitchens :shocking:

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
Bustem' Down said:
It's my one reality TV vice. The guy has a new show coming out on FOX in the fall, I've watched it before on BBC.
"Kitchen Nightmares"... same name, different show, no doubt. (A friend and I have discussed this recently...) Ramsay is quite nice, although blunt, on his BBC series; he uses some language and criticism, but usually with a smile and rarely a raised voice. But in the American versions his demeanor is completely bombastic, it's all drama and every third word is censored.

I wonder why he is like that. Does he think Americans want the more brash, excitable side - for the ratings? Or is he truly equally a double-sided personality?

AndyMarquisLIVE said:
Wish I could see it unedited.
If you watch him on the BBC you'll hear "sh*t". :lol:

Cowgirl

hvp05 said:
"Kitchen Nightmares"... same name, different show, no doubt. (A friend and I have discussed this recently...) Ramsay is quite nice, although blunt, on his BBC series; he uses some language and criticism, but usually with a smile and rarely a raised voice. But in the American versions his demeanor is completely bombastic, it's all drama and every third word is censored.

I wonder why he is like that. Does he think Americans want the more brash, excitable side - for the ratings? Or is he truly equally a double-sided personality?

If you watch him on the BBC you'll hear "sh*t". :lol:

:roflmao: It's because the American shows are on FOX!! That whole network is all about trash and drama.

Homer J

Power Chord
smoothmarine187 said:
I was laughing when he was taking the bones out of the fish and he was sweating all over the damn place.

Hmmmm, does this fish taste a little salty to you? :barf:

I was glad to see him go. He was the biggest whiner I have ever seen. Glad to see the chick with the big herpe on her chin go too. Her voice reminded me of Fran Drescher.