Another one...

appendixqh

Silence!!! I Kill You!!!
Lost another barn kitty tonight. :jameo: He was the second oldest at 2 years old, he was under my horse trailer when my son noticed something wrong...he had a huge gaping hole on his side with no skin and a deep wound. I have no idea what got him, but it took half of his side. He came home for night feeding (4pm), but couldn't really get going for supper. It is really frustrating to get attached to the older cats, then have them jacked up by what I would have to presume is a fox. :mad:

Unbelievable

Spay and Neuter Your Pets
appendixqh said:
Lost another barn kitty tonight. :jameo: He was the second oldest at 2 years old, he was under my horse trailer when my son noticed something wrong...he had a huge gaping hole on his side with no skin and a deep wound. I have no idea what got him, but it took half of his side. He came home for night feeding (4pm), but couldn't really get going for supper. It is really frustrating to get attached to the older cats, then have them jacked up by what I would have to presume is a fox. :mad:

Okay, enough is enough. My suggestion is that you NOT have "barn" cats because, obviously, you can't have barn cats if they are dying constantly in horrible ways. There are other means of mice control in barns, use them!

appendixqh

Silence!!! I Kill You!!!
Unbelievable said:
Okay, enough is enough. My suggestion is that you NOT have "barn" cats because, obviously, you can't have barn cats if they are dying constantly in horrible ways. There are other means of mice control in barns, use them!

Did you ever stop to think that perhaps the cat population is so out of control because humans stepped in? I don't think God is a flawed being that would create a species so prolific without purpose. I think it is an unfortunate truth that felines are just part of the food chain, just like wild rabbits. Both prolific animals who are a favorite of foxes. So, if it means that predators get my cats when my cats wander into the predator territory, or out of the safety of the barn rafters, then I can accept that as unfortunate as it may be. Besides, what is a more natural and "green" form of rodent control than a cat?

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
appendixqh said:
Did you ever stop to think that perhaps the cat population is so out of control because humans stepped in? I don't think God is a flawed being that would create a species so prolific without purpose. I think it is an unfortunate truth that felines are just part of the food chain, just like wild rabbits. Both prolific animals who are a favorite of foxes. So, if it means that predators get my cats when my cats wander into the predator territory, or out of the safety of the barn rafters, then I can accept that as unfortunate as it may be. Besides, what is a more natural and "green" form of rodent control than a cat?

Do you feel the same way about your horses?

appendixqh

Silence!!! I Kill You!!!
cattitude said:
Do you feel the same way about your horses?

How would it be the same...there are no natural predators for horses. Besides, it is totally different when you have an animal such as a horse, that is controlled in a confined space, with no avenue of escape from a predator. It is then an obligation of mine to protect my horses.

If they (my horses) were free roaming animals with no fences to confine them, and a pack of wolves hunted one down, then it too would be an unfortunate incident that I would understand. But that is not the case.

Outside cats however, are free roaming predators, and have a fair chance (provided people dont do something foolish like declaw them) at survival.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
appendixqh said:
How would it be the same...there are no natural predators for horses. Besides, it is totally different when you have an animal such as a horse, that is controlled in a confined space, with no avenue of escape from a predator. It is then an obligation of mine to protect my horses.

If they (my horses) were free roaming animals with no fences to confine them, and a pack of wolves hunted one down, then it too would be an unfortunate incident that I would understand. But that is not the case.

Outside cats however, are free roaming predators, and have a fair chance (provided people dont do something foolish like declaw them) at survival.

Maybe humans shouldn't have stepped in and ruined the natural selection of horses. After all, there are too many of them too aren't there.

I'll just put you on ignore so I don't have to read about your poor maimed and dead cats. I don't understand how one can profess a love of one type of animal but not give a shiat about another.

appendixqh

Silence!!! I Kill You!!!
cattitude said:
I'll just put you on ignore so I don't have you read about your poor maimed and dead cats. I don't understand how one can profess a love of one type of animal but not give a shiat about another.

You would be wrong with that assumption. I care about them, but I accept that this can happen to them. Whats worse...allowing an animal to be outside in a natural environment knowing something could possibly attack it over the years if it isn't careful, or confining it to a cage, box, or house all day to "protect" it?

rack'm

Jaded
appendixqh said:
You would be wrong with that assumption. I care about them, but I accept that this can happen to them. Whats worse...allowing an animal to be outside in a natural environment knowing something could possibly attack it over the years if it isn't careful, or confining it to a cage, box, or house all day to "protect" it?

Quoted for Catt :huggy:

Bigpops92

Idiot

cattitude said:
Maybe humans shouldn't have stepped in and ruined the natural selection of horses. After all, there are too many of them too aren't there.

I'll just put you on ignore so I don't have to read about your poor maimed and dead cats. I don't understand how one can profess a love of one type of animal but not give a shiat about another.

Go back to patting yourself on the back you narrow minded idiot.

Before you start laying out your crap...realize that over half of these cats have been dumped in our lap. Mostly by "cat lovers" who realize that, for whatever reason, they cannot take care of them anymore. I guess they want them to have a better life here...than at the pound.

But why bother telling you this? Your too narrow minded anyway.

Oh...and "horsegod" your a freaking moron! Oh wait, your probably really horse smart.....you have all of the videos to prove it!

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Bigpops92 said:
Go back to patting yourself on the back you narrow minded idiot.

Before you start laying out your crap...realize that over half of these cats have been dumped in our lap. Mostly by "cat lovers" who realize that, for whatever reason, they cannot take care of them anymore. I guess they want them to have a better life here...than at the pound.

But why bother telling you this? Your too narrow minded anyway.

Oh...and "horsegod" your a freaking moron! Oh wait, your probably really horse smart.....you have all of the videos to prove it!

pot

Bigpops92

wimp

Just what I thought.... "POT"...that's the best you can do?

I love it when people run their mouths and don't have the facts. Get a freakin life!