The kingdom

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Enjoyed the movie... Only disappointment was the lack of a large mushroom cloud rising over Riyahd at the finale.

R

RadioPatrol

Who is Funding "The Kingdom"?: Hollywood Puts Out a Soft-on-Saudis Terrorism Flick

And by the way, in real life, the FBI agents we sent to Saudi Arabia weren't exactly prize material either. One of them, Gamal Abdel-Hafiz was the subject of multiple complaints for refusing to wiretap and investigate Muslim terrorists, including Sami Al-Arian, and was fired, then rehired, after lying to the FBI regarding an insurance scam in which his ex-wife said he was involved.

He and his FBI boss in Riyadh, Wilfred Rattigan--who converted to Islam, and went on the Hajj, leaving the FBI offices in Riyadh abandoned, admitted to leaving a backlog of important terrorism and 9/11-related documents that had not been translated, copied, or scanned. Some of the documents were also apparently shredded before ever being reviewed, according to some reports.

Who's Funding "The Kingdom" (Or, Rather, How Much Did Saudi Arabia Pay)?

Since the heroes of the movie are the Saudis, and since those fighting against terrorism with Americans are Saudi police, princes, and other Kingdom officials (I didn't need to see the movie for that, since this plot is described in detail in the advance press release and I already wrote about it earlier this year), you'd have to guess that this propaganda, starring Jennifer Garner and Jamie Foxx, is Saudi-funded.

I've already written that the movie's official Arabic and Islam consultant is a Saudi student here in America on a Saudi-funded scholarship, who will return to a government job in Saudi Arabia. When I e-mailed him questions, and he noticed I'd written about his involvement in the movie, he clammed up.

Here is what I wrote about him in February:

The question that should be asked here is obvious: Who is funding this movie? How much Saudi or Muslim money is going into this propaganda film? Would love to know, but the credits don't tell you that kind of info. What they do show is that two Saudis, Yamen Al-Hajjar and Ahmed Al-Ibrahim (who also co-stars in the movie), are listed as consultants on Arabic, Islam, and Saudi Arabia. Al-Hajjar is a Saudi National who is a student at Boston University and says he will return to the Kingdon of Saudi Arabia after graduation to work for Saudi Aramco oil company. I'm sure they're not biased at all in favor of their native land and "peaceful" religion.​

And here's another clue the movie is pure propaganda: Jennifer Garner, as an FBI agent, wears a tight t-shirt with ultra short sleeves and does not cover her hair while roaming all over the streets of Saudi Arabia. Right. Like that would EVER happen. I dare any woman to try it there and live to tell about it, without a gazillion State Department agents trying desperately to secure her release from Saudi prison. **** UPDATE: Another hint: Jason Bateman, playing a Jewish FBI agent, is told it's no big deal by Saudis when he reveals that he has Israeli stamps on his passport and an Israeli grandmother. Repeat chorus: Right. Like that would EVER happen. ****

:whistle:

Last edited by a moderator: