St. Charles Fireworks

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Does anyone know anything about a fireworks display in St. Charles? I've had two emails about them so they can be included in our Fireworks guide (http://somd.com/holidays/fourth/) and I need to confirm that they will actually be happening.

TIA to anyone who can give me some information!

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
vraiblonde said:
Does anyone know anything about a fireworks display in St. Charles? I've had two emails about them so they can be included in our Fireworks guide (http://somd.com/holidays/fourth/) and I need to confirm that they will actually be happening.

Smallwood shopping center always has them, this is where we will be Wed the 4th. They actually do a pretty decent show
and then there is always the fairgrounds but way to crowded.

hope that helped

flomaster

J.F. A sus ordenes!
Been to the St.Charles one several times over the last 10 years. Its always a very good show. Of course with all the latest shootings in St.Charles I might just do the fairgrounds. There is no decent escape route with a two year old at the Smallwood Village shopping center. Too easy to get trampled if anyone did something dumb. The fairgrounds is at least bigger. It may all sound stupid but I fear for the one idiot that gets a round off and takes out my child. No freaking different than dealing with the Jihad knuckleheads.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
vraiblonde said:

Usually they have fireworks at Stoddert MS. I went several years ago and it was nice. I don't know of anywhere else that does them.

Qurious

Im On 1.
flomaster said:
Been to the St.Charles one several times over the last 10 years. Its always a very good show. Of course with all the latest shootings in St.Charles I might just do the fairgrounds. There is no decent escape route with a two year old at the Smallwood Village shopping center. Too easy to get trampled if anyone did something dumb. The fairgrounds is at least bigger. It may all sound stupid but I fear for the one idiot that gets a round off and takes out my child. No freaking different than dealing with the Jihad knuckleheads.

What latest shootings? The girl in Wakefield?

i go there every year and there has never been any problems enough for me to be concerned :rolleyes: some of you mo fo's need to live in a box.

rdkarob

Qurious said:

i go there every year and there has never been any problems enough for me to be concerned :rolleyes: some of you mo fo's need to live in a box.

I would live in a box before living in Waldorf - safer.

:lalala:

flomaster

J.F. A sus ordenes!
Qurious said:

The girl in Wakefield, the incident at Legends, ARMED ROBBERY: On June 26 at 11:35 p.m., 900 block of Truro Lane in Waldorf. I have never had a problem there either but I will do anything to protect my kids from the idiots that have moved into the county. Sounds like by your attitude you might be one of the "MO-Fo's" I have to worry about.

Qurious

Im On 1.
flomaster said:
The girl in Wakefield, the incident at Legends, ARMED ROBBERY: On June 26 at 11:35 p.m., 900 block of Truro Lane in Waldorf. I have never had a problem there either but I will do anything to protect my kids from the idiots that have moved into the county. Sounds like by your attitude you might be one of the "MO-Fo's" I have to worry about.

The only mo' fo' you should be worried about is yourself. Paranoia isn't a good luck for a father....and right now you have it.

flomaster

J.F. A sus ordenes!
Qurious said:
The only mo' fo' you should be worried about is yourself. Paranoia isn't a good luck for a father....and right now you have it.

You don't know me or where I am from. I am well aware of what I speak of. If I knew that I could safely get out of the St.Charles area if something went down I wouldn't worry about it. But being that the place gets packed because the fireworks are so good I am opting for a safer place for my kids. Its called being a good parent. My suggestion to you would be to STFU and mind your own business.

Qurious

Im On 1.
flomaster said:
You don't know me or where I am from. I am well aware of what I speak of. If I knew that I could safely get out of the St.Charles area if something went down I wouldn't worry about it. But being that the place gets packed because the fireworks are so good I am opting for a safer place for my kids. Its called being a good parent. My suggestion to you would be to STFU and mind your own business.

you're from the Bronx right? Did you lose your balls on 95 south? :rolleyes:

from one NewYorker to another you blowing this way out of proportion....

"i need to make sure there is a way out of waldorf if something went down" :killingme GTFOH...

good luck with building that confidence back.

flomaster

J.F. A sus ordenes!
Qurious said:
you're from the Bronx right? Did you lose your balls on 95 south? :rolleyes:

from one NewYorker to another you blowing this way out of proportion....

"i need to make sure there is a way out of waldorf if something went down" :killingme GTFOH...

good luck with building that confidence back.

I am from the Bronx and I left for a better life elsewhere instead of the hood. Of course Waldorf is slowly becoming the hood especially in the St.Charles area. I didn't say way out of Waldorf. I said a way out of the area where the fireworks are being displayed near Stoddert. The girl that was killed was killed right around the corner in Wakefield because some moron had a gun and used it. I am not trying to hide from the badness. Just want for my kids better than what I came up with. I would go to the firworks by myself if I didn't have kids. It really is a good show. Just not an area I want my kids in. I am sure the mother in the Ice Cream truck didn't think anything was going to happen to her either. She was just trying to do right but starting her own business and doing the right thing.

Qurious

Im On 1.
flomaster said:
I am from the Bronx and I left for a better life elsewhere instead of the hood. Of course Waldorf is slowly becoming the hood especially in the St.Charles area. I didn't say way out of Waldorf. I said a way out of the area where the fireworks are being displayed near Stoddert. The girl that was killed was killed right around the corner in Wakefield because some moron had a gun and used it. I am not trying to hide from the badness. Just want for my kids better than what I came up with. I would go to the firworks by myself if I didn't have kids. It really is a good show. Just not an area I want my kids in. I am sure the mother in the Ice Cream truck didn't think anything was going to happen to her either. She was just trying to do right but starting her own business and doing the right thing.
good luck with building that confidence back. :huggy:

calamity jane

There's nothing wrong with a little healthy paranoia. I'm wary of packed crowds, too, and always make sure I know the quickest exit.