storm water drainage in CRE

basshawg95

since catalina dr. was repaved in chesapeake ranch estates, i now have storm water drainage runs right thru my front yard. i have contacted the general manager, president of the board of directors and the roads foreman. all i've gotten so far is a bunch of lame excuses for the drainage problem, and no action. i feel like david vs. goliath. the homeowners in CRE pay extra taxes to fix these roads, and i would think CRE would be receptive to any problems incurred by the road construction. i am wrong in assuming that. is there anyone else out there that is experiencing the same problem as i am? if so, please e-mail me.

http

My homeowners association, and I would assume most if not all others, have an attorney/firm as legal counsel. These people are interesting because they represent the homeowners association in legal action against outsiders or the State, or against individual homeowners themselves, but they also at the same time, represent the individual homeowners against the homeowners association in certain matters too. They are required to play both sides of the fence.

I would try to find your HOA general counsel attorney. Your conversation with them will be covered by your HOA fees, and confidential as well. Couldn't hurt.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Originally posted by basshawg95
i have contacted the general manager, president of the board of directors and the roads foreman.
I don't know if your problem is due to the excessive rain we've been having or not, but keep bugging them. They should at least send someone out to look at your problem. And it is my personal opinion that our P/BOD is a :loser: with his own agenda. Good luck!

Ponytail

So have they torn up your yard yet and called it a "water meter installation"? Geez what a mess. They were nice enough to seed the new ruts in my yard though. :rolleyes:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
I'm worried they'll tear up my driveway. :burning: Where are they putting these things? Is it near the water main outside or wherever they can do the most damage to your property?

basshawg95

storm water drainage problems in CRE

i guess you misunderstood me, although the water meter installation made a mess of my yard too.
what i was referring to, is the way the storm water drainage changed (runs right through my front yard) when catalina dr. was repaved. there isn't a proper drainage ditch alongside of the road, or a proper curb either.
i went to the recent POACRE board of directors meeting, and one of the subjects that they want to bring up for a membership vote is having calvert county assume all road maintenance after POACRE has spent all the 'special tax district' money on road improvement. it sounds to me that they (POACRE) just want to pass the many road problems on to the county, after they have spent our tax dollars, of course.
i know that there are other people that own homes in CRE, that are experiencing the same problems that i am. i encourage homeowners to attend the POACRE board of directors meetings and be heard! out of the approximately 3000 families that live in chesapeake ranch estates, there were maybe 15 people at the last POACRE board meeting. if we don't speak out, they'll NEVER do anything to fix these problems!

Ponytail

I didn't misunderstand you. Sorry to hear about your problems. Sorry about the thread hi-jacking. I'm guessing that no one else has emailed you, as you requested.

Good luck with your efforts in resolving your issue. I agree that there needs to be more participation at the board meetings, but quite frankly, I don't have any complaints that require me to sit through a board meeting. My house is on a hill, and if anything, my neighbors have to deal with the water that runs off of my property.

RodRugg

I know that water is BAD! BELIEVE ME! I had some water puddles on the side of my grandma's house and it made a bunch of mosquitoes come there. Them mosquitoes builded nests and destroyed all of my grandma's bushes. One time they got in the house and ruined some of my grandma's quilts. My dad got so mad he got one of them electric bug shockers and put it on the house. Them bugs got all shocked up, but everytime the water came back so did them bugs. It finally was so bad my grandma made me stop washing the dog on the side of the house and made me wash it in the driveway. I hated that summer and my dog's name was Pinson.

willie

If the County took over the roads then you "should" pay less total tax. There would be better snow removal, shoulder maintenance, police patrols, etc. However, the County will not assume any roads until they are up to County specifications for the number of homes the particular road services. That is why there is a tax district. A lot of people don't want the County involved so the tax district may be here forever. The drainage was supposed to be the first problem addressed.