????

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
I have two horse trailers that are brushed aluminum. They are not so shiny anymore because they are 10 years old. I was told that I could get it acid washed. I checked into painting and was told that would run me about $3500. Does anyone know anything about acid washing? Is that what I should get done? If so, where can I get that done? Any advice on this matter would be appreciated! :huggy:

mingiz

Horse Poor
You can get acid wash from most rv places. Or you can get aluminiun polish and rub a dub dub..Some truck stops offer acid washings also...I wouldn't paint it....You could possibly call La Grandde up in Leonardtown and see if they amy do it or know where you might be able to take it. Agood site to visit for info on trailers is www.horsetrailerworld.com and do a search on acid washing

Last edited:

Cowgirl

Sadielady said:
I have two horse trailers that are brushed aluminum. They are not so shiny anymore because they are 10 years old. I was told that I could get it acid washed. I checked into painting and was told that would run me about $3500. Does anyone know anything about acid washing? Is that what I should get done? If so, where can I get that done? Any advice on this matter would be appreciated! :huggy:

:nono: Don't paint!!! Get the acid wash if you are really worried about how shiny they are.

mingiz

Horse Poor
aluminum polish and a buffer will do it. But may take awhile....Have a trailer wash/wax party:lmao:

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
mingiz said:
If ya bribe them enough they will come..... :lmao: Cold beer, food etc :lmao:
That would probably cost me more than just paying someone else.
Thanks everyone I will make may some calls. :howdy:

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
Oh and the acid wash removes the oxcides from the Aluminium, it's usually made of hydrofluric acid. Makes the trailer shiny bright. Woooo.

I can't spell, type or think today..but that's the gist of it.

Tazgirl

Sadielady said:
No one would come :mad: :bawl:

Provide enough :cheers: or other incentives and you will get a crew. Can't promise how nice the trailers will look after they get done but everyone would be :otter: :huggy:

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
You guys are so helpful! I already made some calls thanks to you. The people I called will have to call me back with an estimate. I have no idea what kind of price to expect. Does anyone have any idea? $100 ? $500. $1000.? or more....I don't know.

mingiz

Horse Poor
Sadielady said:
You guys are so helpful! I already made some calls thanks to you. The people I called will have to call me back with an estimate. I have no idea what kind of price to expect. Does anyone have any idea? $100 ? $500. $1000.? or more....I don't know.

I would think like anything else horse related..it won't be to cheap. Let me know what you find out mine is 10yrs too and needs it. I know my cousin used mothers aluminum polish on his and it looked great

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
Hi Shady :howdy: , I have an aluminum featherlite and acid wash it myself twice a year.
Go to RE Michaels Co. (there is one in Hollywood) and get 2-4 jugs of A/C Coil Cleaner (it is pink) and about 15.00 a jug. Then go get a big pump sprayer with the wand attachment (from lowes). Spray the pink coil cleaner on consentrated (do not dilute!).
You MUST hose or powerwash the product off IMMEDIATELY (like 30 sec.) after you are done with the section you just applied.

Do this in about 4' sections at a time. IF you leave the acid on too long it will darken and pit your trailer.

You can bring it over here and I will do it with you if you like. :flowers:

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
persimmoncf said:
Hi Shady :howdy: , I have an aluminum featherlite and acid wash it myself twice a year.
Go to RE Michaels Co. (there is one in Hollywood) and get 2-4 jugs of A/C Coil Cleaner (it is pink) and about 15.00 a jug. Then go get a big pump sprayer with the wand attachment (from lowes). Spray the pink coil cleaner on consentrated (do not dilute!).
You MUST hose or powerwash the product off IMMEDIATELY (like 30 sec.) after you are done with the section you just applied.

Do this in about 4' sections at a time. IF you leave the acid on too long it will darken and pit your trailer.

:huggy: You're the best. I may take you up on that!

Giddy up!

persimmoncf said:

Sadie hub has a power washing company...

mygoldnhorse

Cowgirl Up
I found this website of a product that sounds like it works well. My husband tried cleaning ours last year with a commercial acid coil cleaner that he had gotten from work and it did not turn out good at all. This time we are going to try this product..... www.streakmaster.com. It sounds alot more user friendly.