Another County Lawsuit!

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Must be an endorsement of the fine job that our current Board of Commissioners is doing! These guys came to Leonardtown, and went to work!

chuckster

IMFUBARED
Originally posted by Kain99
The scary part is.... Nobody on these God blessed forums cares

....and that is the reason our elected county, state and federal officials think that they can do whatever thy want. People just don't care.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
What gets me is that his annual salary is $131K, he has about $8K of accrued leave/benefits and he is asking for $1.6M. If they bought his contract outright it would only be about $150K, is that what he is going for and has used the law suit to get there?

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Kain99
The scary part is.... Nobody on these God blessed forums cares
Yep, just like no one cared when the previous board hired him to the position and provided him a contract that would be encumbered by the new commissioners. Where was the outcry from those running the campaigns for the other candidates?

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Originally posted by Ken King
What gets me is that his annual salary is $131K, he has about $8K of accrued leave/benefits and he is asking for $1.6M. If they bought his contract outright it would only be about $150K, is that what he is going for and has used the law suit to get there?

The previous board hired the county attorney as a County Administrator, after firing an experienced and skilled administrator. The attorney wrote his own ticket. Then the previous board extended that contract 2 years beyond their own term in office. I think that no contracts should extend beyond 6 months into a new term to ensure continuity but prevent this waste of taxpayer resources. Our legislature will see that this becomes law before the next election.

The fact that he filed a lawsuit for 10 times his salary tells me that this board made a good decision. Attorneys who ask for exhorbitant amounts are part of the problem with our society. And, he'll just go back to a law firm and earn a comfortable living. (Maybe DFM can bring him into his firm.) Mr Lacer certainly has the ability and standing in our community to be employed as an attorney, so his actual damages are minimal. So the high amount is for his embarrassment, and to pay his attorney. I suspect the settlement will be between the $8k he earned, and the $180K that his contract would have paid him. Of course, that means tens of thousands of YOUR MONEY AND MINE will go to pay one guy for doing nothing.

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Originally posted by Ken King
Where was the outcry from those running the campaigns for the other candidates?

Umm... They outcried by voting...