New Car Shopping

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Alrighty everyone. I am officially shopping for a new car and trading in the Durango.

I really like both the Chrysler Concorde LXi and Limited editions. BUT.... I have been cruising the net and checking reviews and I have been reading quite a few that say they have a lot of mechanical and electrical problems, which of course is disheartening.

I am looking for a mid/full size four door (I have a kid) and want everyones opinions please.

TIA :smile:

SmallTown

Football season!
I know several of us on here have discussed our chrysler sebrings and they are nice, but they do have issues. Overall, chrysler quality isn't known to be the best. We have had small issues with ours, more annoying than anything. But because of this (and other reasons) chryslers tend to lose value very quickly

The Acura TL is a good choice.

MDindef

Remember this: There are three separate transactions here. Insist on keeping them separate. The dealer will try to confuse the issue by combining them, but don't let him do it. Here are the transactions:

1- Negotiate the price of the car
2- Negotiate the trade-in value of your present vehicle.

(Do not allow the dealer to confuse these two separate issues.)

3- Arrange whatever financing is to be done.

These are three separate transactions. If you keep them separate, you will have the advantage. The other thing is you have to be willing to walk away - even if you want that car!

carolinagirl

What's it 2 U
I have heard Chrysler has problems, but not all cars will have problems. If you buy it new and keep it serviced you may had a limited amount of problems. I have a Dodge Intrepid which I believe is one step down from the concorde and I LOVE IT!! Had it two years, it was a year old when I bought it and I haven't had any problems. I have two kids and bought it after the second one came along because we needed more room inside and in the trunk! The trunk is HUGE when I show it to people they can't believe how roomy it is. I can fit the stoller and lots of other things in at the same time. In the last car I had, ford contour, if I put the stroller in that was it, nothing else was fitting!!

Good Luck

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
You'll be sor-------ry!

Originally posted by RoseRed
Alrighty everyone. I am officially shopping for a new car and trading in the Durango....
The almanac says SO. MD. is gonna get 84" of snow next winter. :wink:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Re: You'll be sor-------ry!

Originally posted by Kyle
The almanac says SO. MD. is gonna get 84" of snow next winter. :wink:
:neener: Is not! :lol:

My lease is up in July and I just don't want to keep it any longer. I wish I still had my Thunderbird, but it wasn't baby friendly. :bawl: It was the best car and I had absolutely no problems with it.

Thanks everyone.... :smile:

J

justhangn

Rose,

I have a Taurus SEL 24 valve V6 and it's a great car. The only problem the car has had is the cigarette lighter doesn't work but being a non-choker, I don't mind. :biggrin:

By the way, read up on ways to get the most for your $$$ when buying a car, it's worth the effort!!

Jameo

What?!
Re: Re: You'll be sor-------ry!

:neener: Is not! :lol:

My lease is up in July and I just don't want to keep it any longer. I wish I still had my Thunderbird, but it wasn't baby friendly. :bawl: It was the best car and I had absolutely no problems with it.

Thanks everyone.... :smile:

You know where this is going right? But I will remind you that I just happen to know someone with a T-bird :wink: ssooo I'll give you the t-bird for one of these :biggrin:
1971 Hemi Cuda

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
My Mom used to have a 1970 'Cuda. :biggrin:

And I want a brand new car, nothing used! :razz2:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
We're new car shopping, too. Our pick is the Toyota Sequoia - MAN! what a babe! Seats 8, with plenty of cargo room in the back, a beast of an SUV - you can feel the heaviness and power of this thing. Now we're just finding the best deal.

Jameo

What?!
Go test driving tomorrow with me at lunch time. I'll pick you up. :biggrin:

I would be a very bad influence on your decision. I'm not into the "family" car thing :biggrin:

But I can tell you to stay away from the GMC Envoy. My mom just got one a few weeks ago. WAY under powered for an SUV! And that's all I gotta say about that.
:lmao:

SmallTown

Football season!
Originally posted by vraiblonde
We're new car shopping, too. Our pick is the Toyota Sequoia - MAN! what a babe! Seats 8, with plenty of cargo room in the back, a beast of an SUV - you can feel the heaviness and power of this thing. Now we're just finding the best deal.

We have looked at those. Very nice! Mixed reviews though, which are strange. Some say it rides like a top of the line lexus car, others say it is kinda rough. any roughness is probably due to the fact that it is one of the "real" SUVs that is built on a truck platform. Towing capacity is small compared to the other heavy weights, but if you're not towing a big boat it is definately a great buy.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by vraiblonde
I'll have to check it out.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Or you might like this one...

both.jpg

http://www.rvtruck.com/rv_truck_016.htm