BIS Power Food for Dogs

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
A little background first...

My dog has food allergies. I have been buying his food ($$$) from a company in Florida for 5 years. The service has been rather unsatisfactory in the past year. I finally said, "Enough"! The food would arrive 1 week after I placed my order, up until a year ago, when it was taking a month. I could have driven to Florida on the weekend and got faster service.

Bear was eating homemade ground beef and rice for the time I was out of food, which was approximately the past 2 weeks. Last weekend I drove 2 hours (round trip) to find him an acceptable food.

Here's a copy of the email I sent this morning to BIS.
~~~~~~~~~~
To whom it may concern,

On May 6th, I ordered 3 bags of Power Food. My Discover card was charged on May 6, 2002. This morning, I notified Discover to dispute the charges, as I have NOT received the food.

I am cancelling my order with you, I will never buy food from your company again. It's really sad how you take care of your long-time customers. I have been buying food from your company for 5 years. I remember when it would arrive one week after I phoned in my order. That was a long time ago. In the past year your service has been very unacceptable. I kept ordering because my dog really liked your food. Well--NO MORE!

It has been OVER SIX WEEKS since I phoned in my last order and still I have no food. This is unacceptable! I got used to waiting a month for food. Never again will I wait that long. I have found a replacement dog food that is very good and my dog loves it. I left a message on your answering machine this morning; not that you care.

Signed by me, my address, yada, yada, yada.
~~~~~~~~~~

If the food shows up here today I am sending it back! I let it go this long because I kept thinking, "Maybe it will be here today, then tomorrow." It is not a fault by UPS. I checked my Discover card account online this morning and found the charge. I had a balance "credit" so I didn't receive a statement from them last month.

I have sent emails to the company before and never have I received a reply from them. If I get one this time, I will update with their reply.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Sharon,
I don't know how much you spend for dog food but you might want to try Science Diet KO or Science Diet FP, both of these are wonderful for dogs with food allergies. You should be able to purchase them at your local vet. Has your dog been given an allery test. In my experience most dogs with food allergies are alergic to chicken, corn or beef. You might also consider Nutro Naturals available at Petsmarts, Petcos, etc. This food os all natural and is good for dogs who have problems w/ preservatives and such found in most commercial foods. The Nutro is very resonably priced. Cooking for your dog is wonderful. To save time you can make a big batch and freeze it for quite a while.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Pixie

In the past year I have accumulated a small assortment of special dog foods that I have bought to tide him over until his food arrived, some are still in the basement. I just can't bring myself to throw them out. :lol: Maybe a stray will wander by and need something to eat.

Bear has a corn allergy (corn oil, corn grits, ground yellow corn meal, sorghum, etc.) Some of the ones he has tried are:

Hundenflocken-- he didn't like it and I wasn't too happy with the ingredients. There were too few.
Wellness Special 5 Mix-- he spit this out right away. It was so funny, you should have seen the look on his face. :lmao: It sounded good on the label.

Anyway, now he's eating, Royal Canin Natural Blend--Holistic Dog Food. The ingredients are good and the size of the kibble is small, which he likes.

He loved eating the ground beef and rice. :yum: Pound for pound it was actually cheaper than dog food. BUT, my sons liked it too :yum: so I couldn't keep enough of it on hand because they kept scarfing it up. :lol:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
I guess she told me!

Here is their reply--
xxxx wrote:

We absolutely care. Walk a mile in my shoes and then lets see how loud you scream.
You have every right to be upset and frustrated but then so am I.
But no matter
Your order is CANCELLED
people that are as mad as you are and start accusing out of anger because you are behind a computer screen think they can say
anything they wish because they are protected by anonimity are pretty foolish.
I am sure the venting made you feel better. So far anyone that has left and used another food has had pretty serious problems develop
with their dogs and come back within 4 months.
But because you behaved so badly I will ask you NOT TO COME BACK no matter what happens.
I do not have to be a whipping boy for you for 3 bags of dog food.
Good luck and I only feel sorry for your dog
Barbara
~~~~~~~
I replied--
Barbara

I left my phone number on your answering machine, you could have called me back. Now who's lashing out behind the computer.

You didn't even bother to tell me when my order was shipped or if it has been shipped. Why was my card charged in May, why can't you tell me where my food is?

Have a good day!
~Sharon~
~~~~~~~

Oh well! :rolleyes: I know for a fact that I'm not the only one who's had a problem with them. I just stuck it out longer than most. They got my money, why should I not expect my food.

That's all folks!

Last edited:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Good Grief!!!

Talk about poor customer service! That alone should drive them out of business. What a bit*h! :eek:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Re: Good Grief!!!

Originally posted by RoseRed
What a bit*h! :eek:
:lol: You know, I could just hear her voice in my head as I read her reply.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Re: Re: Good Grief!!!

Originally posted by Sharon

:lol: You know, I could just hear her voice in my head as I read her reply.
As nails on a chalkboard or the teacher on Charlie Brown ~ WAWAWA...:D

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Just got another reply

I did not lash out I answered your frenzied attempt to make yourself feel better.
I pulled your order off the truck. Your card will be credited.
Your phone message was listened to this morning but you were very explicit about cancelling so there was no reason to return your call.
If you call during phone hours you do get to talk to a real person but i really don't think that is what you wanted to do or you would have
called during phone hours.
I apologise for your frustration and any inconvenience you experienced.
The minute we took your message off the machine we pulled your package off the UPS truck. Lucky for us we caught it. We would not
have liked to give you anything else to ruin your day.
Any way. Your order is NOT on it's way and you never have to deal with us again
Barbara
~~~~~~~

I see the error of my ways now. It's all my fault--they were finally shipping my food today.

Yeah, :dosman: Like I believe that!
~~~~
Rose, it's more like a whiney, make any excuse, promise anything voice, just to get you off the phone--because...how dare you call us looking for your order. :lol:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Re: Just got another reply

Originally posted by Sharon
The minute we took your message off the machine we pulled your package off the UPS truck.
Yeah, :dosman: Like I believe that!

I don't believe it for a second. She's just pissed because you asked her to do her JOB! God Forbid!

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Re: Hmmmm

Originally posted by otter
So we have your okay to fire dear barbara at BIS a love note??? :p
Ooops, I edited it out, I think she's had enough for one day. Who knows how many times she's fired off nasty-grams this week. ;)

watercolor

yeah yeah
GEEZE SHARON! dont you know it was your fault. I mean come on, the customer is always wrong. Get with the program! *sheesh*:rolleyes:

ommmm....

OMG!!!!!:eek:

who in the heck does she think she is. That is completly ridiculous to act that way, and especially to a customer who has been paying their bills for the last 5 years. And you ordered this on the 6th,and it was just pulled off the truck today!

OMMM NO!!!!!

Excuse me, it should have been off to you in the next 24 hours. Well I am glad that you are away from them:barf:
they are a bunch of cracked up looneys down there. I will personally not recomend them to any of my dog lover friends, and I will boycot anything, in your favor!

*grin*

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
vraiblonde said:
:bump:

Sorry - this was at the bottom of another thread in the Related Threads list.

:roflmao:
LOL! I remember this! :killingme

I can still hear her excuses in my head. :jameo: She finally put my food on that UPS truck 6 weeks after I ordered it.

Damn my luck on giving her the boot when my food was actually going to be shipped. :lmao:

I think they went out of business. I couldn't find their website anymore.

Lilypad

Dr. Michael Fox

Dr. Michael Fox's Homemade 'Natural' Dietary Supplement for Dogs

4 cups uncooked whole grain rice (or barley, rolled oats, or pasta noodles)
3 cloves of garlic
Pinch of salt
1 T. vegetable oil (flax seed oil or safflower oil)
1 T. wheat germ
1 T. cider vinegar
1 t. brewer's yeast
1 t. bone meal or calcium carbonate
1 t. dried kelp
1 lb. lean hamburger, ground lamb, mutton, or one whole chicken

Combine all above ingredients. Add water to cover ingredients, simmer, stir, and add more water as needed until cooked. Debone chicken parts and do not feed cooked bones since they can splinter and cause internal injury. The recipe should be thick to be molded into patties (add bran or soya protein meal to help thicken).Mix well into the stew while it is still very hot, a cup full of raw, grated carrots, sweet potato or yam.. Serve 1 cup full of this recipe for a 30 lb. dog with the rest of his/her rations, and freeze the rest into patties and store in the freezer. Serve thawed, or frozen to gnaw on outdoors in hot weather.

For variation, you can use cottage cheese, plus soy bean curd (tofu) and well-cooked lentils, chick peas (garbanzo beans), lima beans or other pulses or half-a dozen eggs as meat alternatives.. All ingredients, ideally, should be organically certified.

THE ABOVE RECIPE CAN ALSO BE FED AS A COMPLETE MEAL RATHER THAN AS A SUPPLEMENT. MIX INCREASING AMOUNTS OF YOUR DOG'S NEW FOOD WITH DECREASING AMOUNTS OF THE OLD FOOD OVER A 7 DAY PERIOD TO ENABLE ADAPTATION AND AVOID POSSIBLE DIGESTIVE UPSET. IT IS ADVISABLE TO VARY THE BASIC INGREDIENTS TO PROVIDE VARIETY AND TO AVOID POSSIBLE NUTRITIONAL IMBALANCES, AND TO MONITOR THE ANIMAL'S BODY CONDITION SO AS TO AVOID EITHER OVER-FEEDING OR UNDER-FEEDING, BASED ON THE AVERAGE DOG CONSUMING ONE CUPFULL OF THE FOOD TWICE DAILY PER 30 POUNDS BODY WEIGHT.

NOTE: DIFFERENT ANIMALS HAVE SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT NUTRITIONAL NEEDS ACCORDING TO AGE, TEMPERAMENT, AMOUNT OF PHYSICAL ACTIVITY AND HEALTH STATUS).

Home-prepared foods for our animal companions, ideally with organic ingredients that were locally produced, are important because you then know what your animal is being fed if a food-related health problem such as an allergy to a particular ingredient or digestive upset were to arise. With most processed commercial pet foods containing all kinds of human food-industry by-products and ingredients considered unfit/unsafe for human consumption, many of questionable nutritional value after repeated processing, you just don’t know. Aside from coloring agents that may cause problems other than saliva-staining of animals’ faces, and paws, most commercial pet foods contain artificial preservatives like BHA that is linked with cancer of the bladder and stomach; BHT that may cause cancer of the bladder and thyroid gland; and Ethoxyquin, one of Monsanto’s many allegedly harmful products that renderers (meat and poultry processors) add to the fat/tallow that is put into pet foods to prevent rancidity. Ethoxyquin is a recognized hazardous chemical, a highly toxic pesticide.