Daddy's New Roommate

Dork

Highlander's MPD
A few days ago I was visiting a sick relative in the hospital. We strolled down to the library and were going through the children's books when I noticed a book called "My Daddy's New Roommate." It showed this kid with a mom and dad and starts out showing them getting a divorce. Then it shows Dad and another man hugging, kissing, sleeping together and so on. Throughout the book, everyone was smiling and it portrayed this as normal and good. Actually, I think the mom was holding a baby too so that makes two kids that have to go through this.

Thankfully, there was a big trash can in that room. I just wonder how many other kids are being exposed to this garbage without parents knowing.

Geek

Dork said:
A few days ago I was visiting a sick relative in the hospital. We strolled down to the library and were going through the children's books when I noticed a book called "My Daddy's New Roommate." It showed this kid with a mom and dad and starts out showing them getting a divorce. Then it shows Dad and another man hugging, kissing, sleeping together and so on. Throughout the book, everyone was smiling and it portrayed this as normal and good. Actually, I think the mom was holding a baby too so that makes two kids that have to go through this.

Thankfully, No one saw me put it in my purse

:fixed:

Midnightrider

Dork said:

Thankfully, there was a big trash can in that room. I just wonder how many other kids are being exposed to this garbage without parents knowing.
NEWS FLASH

THERE ARE GAY PEOPLE IN THE WORLD AND MANY OF THEM HAVE KIDS and ExWIVES.

try wrapping your bigoted mind around that one for a while :yay:

CAPPY2609

dont be dumb
Dork said:

Wow, so you took it upon yourself to censor a library and destroy materials in it.... Its good to know we have you out there to interpret and decide morality. Regardless of what kind of book it was, if you didnt like it then you should have put it back. That is the point of freedom of choice.
FACT: Not everybody has the same lifestyle
FICTION: You think they do or should

MMDad

Lem Putt
Dork said:
We strolled down to the library and were going through the children's books
You are a grown man hanging out in the children's section of a library? Don't you see that as a bit twisted? Can I find you in the sex offender registry?

MMDad

Lem Putt
vraiblonde said:
Call me bigoted as well because I don't like books like that aimed at children.
The thing is, I can stop my kids from reading a book like this that I don't want them to see. No harm done. I'm more concerned about people like Dork hanging out in the children's section of the library. It's a bit creepy.

Vince

Midnightrider said:
NEWS FLASH

THERE ARE GAY PEOPLE IN THE WORLD AND MANY OF THEM HAVE KIDS and ExWIVES.

try wrapping your bigoted mind around that one for a while :yay:
So if I write a book all about how being gay is wrong and not normal, aimed it at children, put in a public library or school....that would be OK? Do you think the school system, or library as the case may be, would do that for me?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
MMDad said:
I'm more concerned about people like Dork hanging out in the children's section of the library. It's a bit creepy.
I don't suppose it's possible that Dork actually had a child with him? He did say "we', after all.

greyhound

CAPPY2609 said:
Can we still throw jc penney catalogs at kids? Those things are huge and knock toddlers down with a satisfying thump!
:killingme

My Dad used to throw the TV Guide at us when we were to loud in the living room (he couldn't hear the tv).....Glad no one suggested the Penney's catalog! :smack:

keekee

I don't really want my 6-yr-old seeing a book that shows men sleeping together. Some people also bang sheep, but it's not in the public library.

They should hand this book out to those who need it.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Vince said:
So if I write a book all about how being gay is wrong and not normal, aimed it at children, put in a public library or school....that would be OK?
Better yet, let's write a book about a gay man who sees the error of his ways, finds religion, marries a woman and becomes a father.

See how long that lasts on the library shelves.

I don't give two figs about gay people, but I REALLY don't like the double standard.

poster

Dork said:

Well....while I do not agree with that lifestyle there are children in this world that will have to deal with that situation. I think it's a good thing that there's some sort of positive material for those children to relate to and make that transition easier on them.

Personally, I would have just told my children that it was inappropriate reading material for them or not they're reading level and put it back on the shelf - problem solved. I always monitor my kids reading anyway.

MMDad

Lem Putt
vraiblonde said:
I don't suppose it's possible that Dork actually had a child with him? He did say "we', after all.

There are lots of possibilities, but none of them are as much fun as insinuating that he's a pedophile. :razz: