11 yr old hurt boarding school bus : Bus driver just drove off

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
PsyOps said:
I can get permission all day long until I get in an accident and injure or even kill one of them. You know what happens next.
So you're saying that you do not carpool - ever? Because we frequently drive neighbor kids around, and their parents drive our kids around. Nobody has ever been killed or sued, as far as I'm aware.

It's not my responsibility. The kid shouldn't have to rely on other parents to do what their parents should be doing.
This is a crap attitude. But it's your right to be that kind of person, so whatever.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
PsyOps said:
I'm baffled that you're not getting this.
And I'm baffled that you think it's okay to just drive off and leave a hurt kid sitting by the bus stop, especially when you SAW the kid get hurt.

But you feel free to live your life saying, "It's not my problem" and ignoring everyone around you because you're paranoid about getting sued.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
AndyMarquisLIVE said:
Wait, I'm also talking about a school district that had kids waiting for buses and running on a normal schedule in the middle of a tornado warning... :rolleyes:

...And counts a death in the family as an unexcused absense because they don't have a doctors note. What the #### did they want, the autopsy report, death certificate and obituary?
Well, schools these days are filled with bureaucratic wonks on this bizarre power trip who have no common sense to speak of. THAT is definitely something the parents need to be involved in and remind these people just who works for WHO around here.

About the tornado warning, that's a perfect example of how these wonks control parents with their silly policies, and parents just let them do it. *The school* didn't have kids waiting for the bus in the middle of a tornado warning - parents sent their kids out to catch the bus. Normal parents would have kept the kid home for the day.

AndyMarquisLIVE

vraiblonde said:
Well, schools these days are filled with bureaucratic wonks on this bizarre power trip who have no common sense to speak of. THAT is definitely something the parents need to be involved in and remind these people just who works for WHO around here.

About the tornado warning, that's a perfect example of how these wonks control parents with their silly policies, and parents just let them do it. *The school* didn't have kids waiting for the bus in the middle of a tornado warning - parents sent their kids out to catch the bus. Normal parents would have kept the kid home for the day.
I'll tell ya now if there's a tornado watch in the morning hours, I'd postpone or cancel schools for the day. 30mph is dangerous to have a 2nd grade kid out in, nonetheless 70 mph winds and a high risk of a tornado.

PsyOps

Pixelated
vraiblonde said:
And I'm baffled that you think it's okay to just drive off and leave a hurt kid sitting by the bus stop, especially when you SAW the kid get hurt.

But you feel free to live your life saying, "It's not my problem" and ignoring everyone around you because you're paranoid about getting sued.
AAAAAAaaarrrgggggg...... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Let's go back... I quote myself from earlier today:
PsyOps said:
I have always agreed with you from the beginning about the bus driver. The way it was described in the article, it was unconscionable for him to drive away. If it was me I would have helped her get on the bus or had some of the kids help.
But with our sue-happy society I can also see why the bus driver drove off. he may have already been running late as well. You know bus drivers can lose their job for not meeting their schedule. All that aside IT'S STILL THE PARENT'S RESPONSIBILITY!