Army Helicopter Down on Route 6 Thursday Evening

F

Flo

Yesterday evening going home, an Army helicopter had an emergency landing in an "Amish" tobacco field on Route 6, West. Luckily, the copter landed safely. Hadn't heard anything on the local news this morning, and just wondering how all went? Think I heard that they were from a base in Pennsylvania.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Are you sure you really saw this??? You know, the Government tells us all the time that we did not see what we think we saw....:crazy:

watercolor

yeah yeah
no no! Its true, I drove down there about 30 minutes ago...

its a mile past the church on rt 6 west...its all roped off!

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Looked like they came down a bit closer to the road, and power lines, than I bet they would have liked!

When I went by this morning they had a sentry watching over it but no rope.

Seems to me we've had four or five instances now where a helicopter came down here in recent years. Must be using parts made in China!

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
If you know anything about helicopters once the "chip light" comes on you get it on the deck. The chip light indicates metalic fragments in the oil of the transmission.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I had always heard "Rotor-light" mentioned!

One of the others that went down was on Chaptico-Mechanicsville road. That was what I had heard made them land in Sonny Burch's yard a few years ago.

G

giggles04

Man... hadn't heard about this one.... thats what I get for going on vacation for a week.

M Bucker

GMT!!!!!!!

People,

if you look at the bottom of the page it says "All times are posted in GMT" which means Grenwich Mean Time!!!!!! Like right now it should be aroun 7:10PM GMT but only 2:10 EST (That's Eastern Standard Time!!!!)

M Bucker

Grenwich (which is a city in the UK) Mean Time is also known as Universal Coordinated Time. It's used as a sort of a standard time for the world. If I'm talking to someone in Australia and I say I'll call you at 3:00 that means something totally different to them. So you use GMT as a nuetral time standard.

M Bucker

No problem.

It's one of those "out of sight, out of mind" things that you probably learned about in 4th grade. And if you don't do any International work you wouldn't have much use for it.