Circuit City 3 Strikes and Now your Out

H

Heretic

Im grateful there will soon be a Best Buy to spend my money at instead.

On three seperate occasions I've gone into Circiut city and tried to find out about something to see if I wanted to buy it.

1st Strike 6 Months ago I was ready to buy a Palm Pilot someone helped me but he didnt have the key to get them, said he would be right back 30 minutes later I said #### Off and left

2nd Strike 2 weeks ago I was looking at desktop systems casually and I couldnt get anyone to even come up to me to ask me if I needed any help, I wanted to ask a question and they were not overly busy

3rd Strike Today I was looking at laptops and found two that I really liked and was almost ready to buy one the salesman couldn't tell me much about them at all, I went back and forth examining them probably about 10 minutes and he hollars over from the next isle "You going to buy a computer today or not?"
I said well I was and left.

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Bummer Dude! Unfortunately, no sign of either store in St. Mary's. So, it's Staples or Amazon.Com for me.

willie

Im grateful there will soon be a Best Buy to spend my money at instead
Where is the Best Buy going to be?

H

Heretic

In Waldorf right across the street from Circuit City...there use to be a Church there.

jlabsher

Sorry about that chief.
Unfortunately, in my experience Best Buy has worse customer service than Circuit City.

K

Kain99

I have to disagree JL... I love Best Buy in Annapolis - I've had great customer service!

Circuit City is umm.... well... I really can't say what I'm thinking but they really should hire outside of the ghetto. :frown:

K

Kizzy

I’d didn’t have a very pleasurable experience at Staples a few days ago. I went in to buy a laser printer. Now, I already knew what I wanted. I did extensive research and knew what I wanted to spend. I said to the salesman that I want a Minolta 2300DL. The salesman brings out a Minolta 2300W, and I politely told him that that was the 2300W and not the 2300DL. He said, “Well, lady the 2300W is newer than the 2300DL, etc. etc.” (His tone of voice was real cocky I might add) I said “You’re wrong, the 2300W only comes with 32mg of ram on board and the 2300DL not only comes with 32mg of ram on board, it has the capacity to add another 256mg of ram.” He refused to believe me, so I said go look it up. He comes back about 15 minutes later and says “You’re right, and they don’t have the 2300DL in stock.”

He never offered to call around and check any other store. I had to ask him to do so. I ended up driving to Lexington Park. There, I was welcomed with excellent customer service.

I've always been treated very well at Circuit City.

Last edited by a moderator:
K

Kain99

If you've been treated well at Circuit City... I'd venture to bet it is either your dazzeling smile or... Your "I'll kill you if you if act like an azzclown" personality! :wink:

willie

I've had nothing but very positive experiences at Staples. If the difference in price is only a couple of bucks, I would still buy there. Best Buy is better in all ways to Circuit City except those people have screwed me on rebates so many times I lost track.

K

Kizzy

Originally posted by Kain99
If you've been treated well at Circuit City... I'd venture to bet it is either your dazzeling smile or... Your "I'll kill you if you if act like an azzclown" personality! :wink:

:lol: I am in Circuit City way too much and I spend way too much money in their store for them to act like an azzclown. I was willing to drive anywhere that offered good deals on laser printers, even Best Buy in Largo. But, Best Buy doesn't sell color laser jets, only B&W. I think Staples should offer no interest financing for 6 – 12 months on some of their merchandise like Circuit City and Best Buy. I think sales would go thru the roof. Everyone is talking about the competition between Best Buy and Circuit City, but I think Staples is going to loose a good bit of business. All to often, I will spend the extra money and get something above my means with the interest free financing.

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
Originally posted by jlabsher
Unfortunately, in my experience Best Buy has worse customer service than Circuit City.

:yeahthat:

Last year we went there to buy a computer. On the surface, the salesman was very helpful. He asked about options for computer, monitor and printer. We went back and forth about what printer we wanted but finally decided on one. The CPU was going to be delivered directly to our house from the factory and the monitor was to be picked up at the store but they were out of them and we had to come back. We walked out with a printer, we found out later that the guy had picked up the wrong printer.

Two days later, we got a call, the guy who helped us messed up and didn't order the monitor properly, and hadn't charged us for it. They wanted us to come back and reorder it. I told them that was a pain b/c they were so far away and could we do it over the phone. They agreed. They voided the first charge and rerung in the whole order including the monitor. I will never know why they just didn't ring in the monitor seperately. However, when they rerung in the whole order, they had somehow added $17 extra, I think that had to do with the other printer. Also, the whole thing was supposed to be 6mo same as cash and they messed it up so that it was only 3 months. They took 2 months to fix the payment schedule and almost 6 months to refund the extra money.

Everytime I called, I got a different person and when I asked for the person I talked to before they were never there and I had to explain the whole story over again. The only reason we got the money back was because I disputed a $170 entry on the credit card. I neglected to tell the credit card company that it should've been $153 and it forced the manager to talk directly to me instead of foisting me off on the underlings. He finally came on the phone (after about 10 calls on my part) and he says, "I KNOW who you are. I KNOW what the story is. . ."
"Good," I interupted, "why haven't I been talking to you all along? You overcharged us by $17 and change, plus tax."
He offered to credit us $20 and asked if that would make me happy. I told him "No, nothing's going to make me happy at this point, but it'll do."