Walmart Nightmare

justsara

The Super Walmart is something I will not experience again. Today I thought I would give it a try and get a few things I needed and my groceries at the same time.

Stood in line with my cart full of cold/frozen foods for 24 minutes. Finally make it up to the register and the cashier could not have moved any slower. Then she decided to stop and chat with the worker a couple registers over for a few minutes. She was in no hurry at all and seemed to be oblivious to the mile long lines.

Why do they put in 30+ registers if they are going to only open less then half of them? Most of the prices were pretty good but it is not worth the time it takes. My frozen foods were thawed by the time I got home.

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Super Walmart is something I will not experience again. Today I thought I would give it a try and get a few things I needed and my groceries at the same time.

Stood in line with my cart full of cold/frozen foods for 24 minutes. Finally make it up to the register and the cashier could not have moved any slower. Then she decided to stop and chat with the worker a couple registers over for a few minutes. She was in no hurry at all and seemed to be oblivious to the mile long lines.

Why do they put in 30+ registers if they are going to only open less then half of them? Most of the prices were pretty good but it is not worth the time it takes. My frozen foods were thawed by the time I got home.

drove through the parking lot yesterday and then decided that kmart and target would be the better choice!

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
They have checkers in from other stores. It will get worse. I spent like an hour and a half in there yesterday, but the prices are great. I'll go again, just not on a Saturday.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Is everything in its proper spot or are they still moving crap around?

I'm not sure what the proper spot is yet. I had to roam around a lot and I didn't have a LOT of time. It seems that things are grouped well, it's just a matter of finding where they are. The grocery section is scary.

justsara

Is everything in its proper spot or are they still moving crap around?

I don't know if it is where it belongs or not. They didn't have alot of stuff I wanted.. but had stuff I can't find elsewhere. I don't like that the cold stuff is at one end.. then cleaners, dry goods, etc and then the frozen, then produce. The meat prices were NOT good. I don't understand why grocery stores don't put all the cold/frozen stuff together.

justsara

drove through the parking lot yesterday and then decided that kmart and target would be the better choice!

I forgot charcoal and decided to not even go look for it. Stopped at Food Lion by Kmart and it was empty. Wish I went there to begin with.

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!

I've been there a few times myself. Too big IMO. I don't want to do my banking and grab a bite to eat between clothes shopping and stocking up on TP. Not to metion the Azzbackwards enter, exit system with the greeter who has to check your merchandise against your receipt. I almost went postal on my birthday but thought better of it. I feel your pain and truthfully it is just not my cup of tea.:coffee:

I avoid that place like the plague on the weekends. And it will only get worse as the holiday approaches.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08

Oh, yeah. You say that now, but when I was staring you down last weekend when the register girl effed up, you didn't even know it was a forumite. You did, however, give me a look like :shrug: Why are you staring at me?

Jeff

Stop Staring!!!!!

I did the same. Needed dog shampoo and cigars. Did a drive through at Walmart and went straight to K-mart. Very nice of them to make the new little connecting road between the two. :yay:

Last edited:

BuddyLee

Football addict
Oh, yeah. You say that now, but when I was staring you down last weekend when the register girl effed up, you didn't even know it was a forumite. You did, however, give me a look like :shrug: Why are you staring at me?
Muhahahahaha:neener: