Hughesville Bypass finally 55 mph

John Z

if you will
Well, it is about time! I noticed this morning that there were no more 40 mph signs on the Hughesville Bypass. Now I can join the rest of y'all going 65 mph (since I'm such a wuss and only do 10-over). :lmao:

basher

LEET
I drove thru the old way, and it's like a ghost town, I feel sorry for all the businesses there......at least those flea market barns will finally close down. So many times I almost get into a fender bender cuz an old lady decides to make a left turn at the last minute. :burning:

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
I drove thru the old way, and it's like a ghost town, I feel sorry for all the businesses there......at least those flea market barns will finally close down. So many times I almost get into a fender bender cuz an old lady decides to make a left turn at the last minute. :burning:
Have they changed the timing on the lights yet? Last time I went through there, I was on 231, as were most of the other cars, but the timing of the light still favored Rt. 5.

belvak

Happy Camper
wow , I was going so fast I didn't see the sign ........but thank's for letting us know !

:lmao: I hate to admit it, but I usually just buckle up and follow along with all the other lemmings. If I look at my speedometer, I get skeered!!

beamher

Have they changed the timing on the lights yet? Last time I went through there, I was on 231, as were most of the other cars, but the timing of the light still favored Rt. 5.

i rode through that way just to check it out and to see if i could beat traffic and it felt like it took forever to get back on 5:burning:. won't do that again!!

papermate

Really? The last time I was through the Hughesville bypass area was during construction. When I tried to go 55 people were tailgating, cutting me off and flipping me the bird for going to slow!

I assumed that when they got it done it would be the Hughesville Autobahn with no speed limit. I can’t believe now that they have it done they want to slow people down to 55!?

eons1006

Really? The last time I was through the Hughesville bypass area was during construction. When I tried to go 55 people were tailgating, cutting me off and flipping me the bird for going to slow!

I assumed that when they got it done it would be the Hughesville Autobahn with no speed limit. I can’t believe now that they have it done they want to slow people down to 55!?

Yeah the nerve! Wanting to slow people down, why in the heck would they want to do that!?!?! Maybe it's because people live just off the bypass and would like to enter and exit the roads they live on without being plowed down by some idiot who thinks they are on the beltway. I'll be sure to keep encouraging the MSP to get out there and write tickets as often as possible. I just love :smoochy: to see those race car drivers sitting on the side of the road like deer caught in the head lights while a cop writes out their ticket, I know they've been doing some serious cashing in over the past few months.